Weekly Call 02-03-2017

Aloha Reps,

For today’s call please check the agenda and please add your own topics. Do not be shy, we know that you do amazing things!

AirMO video:

Weekly call details:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo/Meetings#ReMo_Weekly_Call

Topics

• Caitlin on web extensions activity
    *Quentin on community building
  • Council updates
  • Featured Future Events

And your topic! - feel free to add it on etherpad

PS: As always we encourage you to add some shout outs! We have amazing reps doing amazing work! Let’s send them some #mozlove!

1 Like

Raw notes here.

ReMo Portal Event - If you attended this call or watched the AirMo recording, please mark yourself as an attendee here: https://reps.mozilla.org/e/remo-call-02-03-17/ (both reps or mozillians)

Attendees:

• Quentin Lamamy, @ quentin_lamamy, i am from Lille in France. (actually @work, can’t use my mic)
  • Konstantina @ Konstantina_P live from my desk (eating chocolate)
  • Daniele, @ mte90net, I am live from my room/office where I work remotely in Italy
  • San James @ jsan4christ, live from Kampala
  • Caitlin Neiman @ caitmuenster, live from my apartment in Mountain View!
  • Christophe, @ hellosct1 live from the cloud and at the Paris in France
  • Prathamesh, @ pathfinderpc and I am live from Pune, India
  • Mijanur Rahman, @mijanur_rayhan and I live in Bangladesh.
  • Robert Kaiser (KaiRo), notwitter, and I hail live from Vienna, Austria.
  • Ikram, @ hossainalikram, and I’m live from Bangladesh
  • Francisco, from Madrid
  • Laka, @ lakatos88 from London
  • Jonathan @ jlin from Toronto!
  • Yofie @ yofiesetiawan from Jakarta!
  • Kiki @ kelimuttu from Jakarta
  • Juli @ tuxxy from México
  • DYVIK @ mozfox from India

Know some Reps who did an amazing work! Let’s share some #mozlove to them! ( they will be tweeted after the meeting)

• Quentin Frémeaux @PopzeLife for his amazing help for the Lille Rust Meetup.
  • George Roter for sending/forwarding us all the internal news very fast :slight_smile:

AGENDA
TOPIC 1 - Caitlin on web extensions activity

• Now live at https://activate.mozilla.community/webextensions/ +1
  • HUGE thanks to Daniele + Viswa for running these events even before there was an Activate activity; their help and enthusiasm for this project has made all the difference
  • Share the love!
  • Do you have any questions? Ask Caitlin
  • Questions:
  • What the P1 goals for the addons team?
  • Right now we try to help developers to migrate to web extensions
    we want to make sure that people can create addons with web extensions

TOPIC 2 - Quentin Frémeaux on community building

TOPIC 3 - Featured Future Events - Fran

• Salon Primevere (Lyon, France) 4th-5th
  • It’s a huge fair held near Lyon. 30000 visitors last year. There’s a big Free Digital space (Espace numérique libre) where we will have a booth along with other open source and open internet projects: wikimedia, Libreoffice, Openstreetmaps for the most famous and other local communities (that we know from the JDLL). We were contacted to hold a booth and make demos of Firefox on smartphones and desktop
  • Rust Hack Day (Kanpur, India) 5th
  • We are organizing a one day sprint where we hack on Rust from scratch 1. Introduction to Rust Programming Language 2. Building Web applications using IRON 3. Contribution pathways for newcomers to contribute to Rust Codebase
  • Internet Freedom Festival (Valencia, Spain) 6th-10th
  • The IFF encourages a meaningful interaction between the different groups and regions of the free software community, privacy on the web, and access to information, creating an environment of diversity and inclusion within the event. Where people from different branches meet as developers, designers, communicologists, among others.
  • SUMO & L10n week (Campinas, Online, Brazil) 8th-15th
  • The Firefox 52 is scheduled for release in March 2017 and will bring new features to users and developers. The L10n pt-BR team, accordingly, made some changes in the nomenclature of some interface items and, consequently, SUMO articles need to follow such changes. That’s why we launched this campaign to update all articles about FIrefox in SUMO’s knowledge base.

TOPIC 4 - Council update - Alex with love

• Open Letter
  • George and Lucy joined us to talk about the Open Letter. They gave us valuable tips on format and framing.
  • Meeting Notes
  • The previous meeting notes from December and January are being worked on. There are 5 meetings we are missing public notes for.
  • Budget
  • The budget allocation for Q1 and Q2 is being voted on. We will publish this once agreed upon.
  • Update from OKR Areas
  • Communication - Alex has done a redesign on the newsletter template and has started to fill in content. We are on a good track and will be able to publish the first newsletter soon. Keep an eye on your spam folder
  • Onboarding - The Webinar script for on-boarding new Reps is finished. Our last questions are around YouTube and date logistics. We are confident that we can run the webinar really soon. Additionally we have started to screen 11 open bugs that are not part of the webinar (newer).
  • Reps Issues on GitHub
  • We still have all our tasks in the Reps GitHub repository, have a look there to get involved and keep up to date with what we’re up to.
    https://github.com/mozilla/reps/issues

NON-VERBAL UPDATES