Problems submitting updated add-on

Hi all,

I am trying to submit an updated version of our add-on, but am running into some strange errors.

I keep getting the following two errors:

No install.rdf or manifest.json found
Add-on missing manifest.

But both those files are definitely inside the zip package.

In fact, I tried uploading an older .xpi file that we know worked before, but it shows the same two errors.

Can anyone tell me if something changed and if we need to do anything differently?

Thanks!
Michael

This error often appears when the zip includes the containing folder, rather than having the files in its root. If that doesn’t solve the error, I suggest you post the file somewhere so we can give it a look.

Hi, thanks for the suggestions, but I’m confident that the structure of the zip is correct. You can see it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3n7vvzptd1m6ibr/firefox_plugin.xpi?dl=0

Let me know if you see anything wrong or have any other suggestions!

I’m having trouble unzipping the file. Maybe it’s corrupted, or you used non-default settings or tools to create it. Can you check on your side?

Did you change the extension back to .zip? Once I change the extension to .zip, I am able to uncompress with no problems. And I just created it by right-clicking on the folder on my Mac, which just uses basic zip.

I can open it (Win 10 with some registry hack to open .xpis as .zips):

You did exactly that. The manifest/install.rdf must be in the top level of the archive.
Also, you shouldn’t include the __MACOSX crap.

Thank you! Yes, you’re right – instead of zipping the entire directory, I had to go inside the directory and select all the contents that I wanted to zip. And then I ran zip -d filename.zip __MACOSX/\* to remove the hidden files.

1 Like