Private categories

Hi,

Since we don’t know when we are going to be able to have the mozillians api connection with discourse and we really need a place to communicate with people that have signed NDA, in the meantime I would like to know how users are added to private categories here.

@yousef @tad is it possible to provide discourse a list of emails to allow access or people need to have first an account?

If they need an account, permissions have to be added by username or we can we use their emails?

I guess right now we have a list of emails that have signed NDA, so the idea would be to create a private category and give them all permissions, I guess something similar as Air Mozilla does right now.

Thanks!

We can make categories visible only to certain Discourse groups. To be added to a group, the user needs to be registered to Discourse so unfortunately we can’t just throw in a bunch of email addresses.

Permissions do have to be added by username but we can always search by email address.

On a side note, Air Mozilla does have full Mozillians integration and any video can be restricted to any Mozillians group.

Does this mean one by one? or can you batch-add users?

We can batch add if we have their Discourse usernames otherwise it would be one-by-one.

Good to know.

Is there any way to batch-create users by admin? Since we are using Persona I don’t know if users are regular users or some kind of link to the Persona ID.

No way to do that as far as I can tell, even if we didn’t use persona.