My Thunderbird addon works under Windows but not Linux

Hello,

I created a simple addon for Thunderbird that replaces the pale yellowish “Starred” star with a more flashy orange one.
This works in Windows (Thunderbird 38.4.0), but not in Linux (LinuxMint, same Thunderbird version).

In Linux, even though the addon is loaded, I still get the original star rather than my replacement.

My chrome.manifest is pretty short:

content betterflagicon ./
skin betterflagicon default ./skin/
override chrome://messenger/skin/icons/flag-col.png chrome://betterflagicon/skin/flag.png
override chrome://messenger/skin/icons/flag.png chrome://betterflagicon/skin/flag.png

Does anyone know why this does not work in Linux?

Thank you!

Windows and Linux use different styles: Windows, Linux. For this to work on Linux, you would also need to change the style so it points to your image instead of an image region.

Thank you!
Seems to be quite painful to figure out how to replace the stylesheet for an already existing element. Most documentations talk about how to add new stuff.
But based on your link, I found the png file that is used as source for the image region in linux (see here). I modified the png (replaced the flag-icon in there), added the new version into my XPI and the manifest - done.
IT now works under Linux as well.