Fast review after waiting 12 days for the first one

Hello,

I published a new addon mid-september and was waiting for validation. It took 12 days to through and what I was excepted happened : “incomplete”.

I can understand that you want quality addons used in Mozilla Firefox, but waiting that long is just not possible. The chrome version has been live for 2 weeks now and my community is split in 2. I also have to manage 2 backends meanwhile.

Is there any possibility to accelerate the procedure or have I got to wait another 10 days (and probably be refused again because it wont be the same review …) ?

I am also worried about futur updates … if I have a quick important update to do, is it that slow too ?

Best regards,

PS : I’m not criticizing the reviewers that are doing the best they can, but this slow process is quite scary …

Which add-on are you referring to?

Oh yes sorry, forgot to mention it : Addon

Thanks

Same here. The long delay is a support nightmare, and in 24 hours my place in the queue has only gone from #47 to #44 (I submitted 5 days ago). This is after my first submission was rejected and I fixed the problems they pointed out. So it’s been published to Chrome users for about a month already, while Firefox users are still waiting. This doesn’t seem like a viable platform for developers.

In your case, the add-on is always flagged for admin review because you’re attaching external sources. Since we only have 3 admins with limited time, that makes the review take much longer. For what I see, you only have one minified CSS file. If you included it without minification and didn’t attach additional sources, it’s likely your add-on would be reviewed much more quickly. Given your position in the queue and waiting time, it’s probably best to just wait for the review, though.

Thanks, Jorge. I attached sources because I was told to with my last submission, because my extension file is a long concatenated script. It’s not compiled or anything, so it really shouldn’t need sources - it’s all there in the concatenated script. If that’s what is taking so long, then next time I won’t attach source unless asked to do so.

Today is day #10 in the queue, so I’m hoping it goes soon. Thanks. :slight_smile:

The requirement for sources should only apply for code that is minified, obfuscated, or compiled. If a reviewer asks for the sources you should comply, but better not to include them unless you think they’ll be needed.

Thanks for clarifying. My code is neither minified, obfuscated, nor compiled, so I won’t attach the source in the future in the hopes that it will speed up the process. This has been painfully slow (over a month since my first submission)

Okay it was accepted last week after one month of queuing.

Of course, meanwhile, I’ve corrected a bunch of small bugs based on user feedback (on the chrome version) and I’ve pushed it as an update on Monday … but it has instantly been flagged as Admin Review …

If I don’t compress my js / css files, it would go much more quickly ? I always compress / uglify them because they are injected in webpages and it makes it more difficult for other people to extract and take credit of some parts of my work …

It’s definitely faster if you don’t compress your files.

Okay but is it the reason that I am flagged again as admin review ? Thanks

If you attach additional sources, your submission is automatically flagged. I also think that future versions are also flagged unless a reviewer unflags your add-on.

22 days … I mean 22 days … and it’s still not going down …

Simply not viable. Chrome users have their version since the beginning of September …

Okay validated today at last !