Add-on to timeout/auto log out a session

Hello, I’m in search of an add-on that can automatically log someone out of a session when they’re submitting a ticket into the online ticketing system we use at my company. So they can create their ticket but in the case that someone would forget to sign out of their account, a timer would be running when there’s no activity and after x amount of minutes they would be logged out. Does anyone know of an add-on that can do this?

Thank you!

It sounds like something that would need to be implemented specifically for your use case, since logging out works differently for different sites. Maybe an add-on that automatically clears cookies could work, but it depends on the site.

I tested it, if you clear the cookies and refresh the page it will log the user out. Do you know of an addon that has a timer that starts after inactivity then clears the cookies and refreshes the page? Sounds unlikely that someone developed that.

I don’t know, but there are lots of cookie add-ons around. One of them might be what you need.

Is it a lot of work to develop this?

It doesn’t sound too difficult, and it sounds like it can be done with the new WebExtensions API.

You wouldn’t happen to be able to create that would you? I’m not familiar with using any of the tools to make a firefox add-on.

I don’t have time for this, sorry.

That’s understandable, could you point me in the right direction of how to actually get the webextension api tool? It’s very unclear how to actually download/use this.