Write and read file with webextension

I would like to make portable my SDK/XPCOM addon to the Web extension. I need for it an i/o mechanism for manage file writing and reading. I have the Mozilla tutorial on WE, but I cannot find this issue. Someone can gently give me some reference about it?

I think Native Messaging can help you around this.

Regards,
Sandeep

It is not yet implemented but a more advanced file API is planned. If your goal is to save a file the downloads API may be a viable workaround.

1 Like

Thanks freaktechnik. Iā€™m sorry the API is not yet implemented. I need to save a file useful for the addon activity and so I need also to read the information it contains.

Approximately, when will this important module be implemented?

Hello, I do not understand how this can help me to store information and read it every time the addon is activated on a X machine.

So you can write some nativeApp which will be installed using some installer and call this app using native messaging for your read or write activity.

1 Like

Yes , this would be useful in case of a known machine on which I had some control. I could call the app to perform storing and reading passing opportune messages. However this is not a viable solution in my case, so I will wait for the implementation of the I/O module.