Workweek at Whistler 2015, FAQ

Hello Mozillians,

This is the first approach for a FAQ. If you want to ask your question, feel free to add a new one as a Reply:

What is a workweek?
A workweek is a meeting where all the Mozilla Employees get together to meet in person with their team mates, to work on their projects, to plan, and to discover more about the objectives and the goals of the organisation for the next quarters… It’s also an opportunity to work across teams, to identify shared priorities and to build a broader understanding of Mozilla.

What are the objectives/goals?
The main objective is the opportunity to work in person teams that usually works remotely. This is very much a “get work done” event. Also is the occasion to learn about the objectives of Mozilla for the next quarters, and align all the teams under those goals.

What is the selection criteria?
Each team in Mozilla has a limited budget, and they have to select just a few volunteers. The criteria depends on each team, and also depends on the objectives or goals that they have for the next quarters. More information: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Coincidental_work_weeks/2015_Whistler/Volunteer_Invites_Criteria

How many volunteers are invited?
For the Whistler Workweek, around 100 only.

How often we have these Workweeks and where?
Starting 2015, the idea is to have 2 work weeks per year.

How can I apply to attend?
There is no sign-up page, nor webform. The event is invitation-only.

I’ve been working with X team and they didn’t select me, even after I made important contributions.
It could be that the team you’ve been working with doesn’t have the budget to invite volunteers, or can only invite a few. We encourage you to have a conversation with the team(s) you work with to better inform both of you for upcoming events.

2 Likes