Attendees:

• Michael
  • Christos
  • Rara
  • Daniele
  • Zaafouri

Agenda and Notes:

• [Daniele] Coordination between Meta and Community Leadership for the survey
  • From our side the survey is good and ready to go!
  • We worked on the questions in the draft in the master document
  • We have finished all questions as a first proposal apart from recognition

What are the next milestones and next steps?

Is our scope still up to date or do we need to include something else?

• Still up to date, we didn’t get any other questions from other working groups that might need to be solved on a meta level.

Quick reminder: our currently only missing piece is the question around Recognition. It would be great if you could jump into the older recognition document and help us to find out what we could implement as first steps to answer the question “How can Reps help with Recognition in their communities?”.

ping @Christos @Mte90 @Zaafouri @rara

Thanks @mkohler!

Hi guys @Mte90 @Zaafouri @rara @rayhan!
How about meeting tomorrow around 18:00 UTC (or earlier) in order to talk about recognition and finalize the proposal.

What do you think?
-Christos

for me is ok

Ok for me too

Sorry guys, gotta skip this time.
I am very sleepy because of the cough medicine. I’ll try to look to the document tomorrow :wink:

Let’s do this at 18:00 UTC / 20:00 CEST in the Reps room

We have just finalized our draft, the document is ready for comments from anyone, please jump into the discussion here: https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/meta-working-group-final-proposal-open-for-discussion/7837

Finally the document for improvements for the Reps portal is ready: https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/meta-working-group-improve-the-reps-portal-for-recognition/7188/16

Hi everyone

As promised, we’ll have another meeting this week. Please fill out this Doodle until Wednesday, 8:00 UTC so we can decide on a meeting time.

We would like to discuss the following topics which are still open:

• How do we convert communication into aligned action? How do we build tools that help people feel accountable while feeling supported? How do we create incentives?
  • How should reporting look like?

Have a look at the agenda and the proposal document.

We need your help, so please fill out the Doodle above and join our discussions! We’ll move the discussions to Discourse after this meeting.

Cheers,
Michael

We’re gonna do the next meeting on Friday, 15:00 UTC in the Reps Vidyo channel. The agenda will be in the general document. I’ve sent out calendar invites for those who filled out the doodle, get in touch with me if you want one as well (not necessary, you can just join without having the invite :))

Update: The meeting will be help 30 minutes later at 15:30 UTC in the Reps Vidyo room.
The agenda will be in the general document. I’ve sent out calendar invites for those who filled out the doodle, get in touch with me if you want one as well (not necessary, you can just join without having the invite :))”

I won’t be able to join this time too guys !

Meeting Notes - 6/5/2016 - 15:00 UTC

Attendees:

• Michael
  • Daniele
  • Christos

Agenda and Notes:

• How do we convert communication into aligned action? How do we build tools that help people feel accountable while feeling supported? How do we create incentives? (30 min)
  • Subcontext: How might we build tools or processes that create visibility and incentives for accountability and learning from activities and their contribution to the goals/objective/strategy?
  • The basic question here is “how can we keep people accountable?” and “How should reporting work?” which are partly answered as proposal below
  • The other question is “How can we share learnings?”
    • We have reports and metrics, but we need to make it easier to filter them for learnings
    • We could have this in a structure that enables it to be shared on education.mozilla-community.org in an easy way
    • How can we create incentives for people to share those learnings?
    • If those learnings are shared for all this might be an incentive enough . Further this could also be part of a public profile, showing others that this person has learned (and therefore improved their skills) in terms of reference for a CV or similar.
    • We can fit in the recognition proposal that we already have as well
  • How should reporting look like? (15 min)
  • Needs to be very easy to do
  • Simplified form (not necessarily categories if those are not necessary)
  • This should be visible to the whole community
  • Nice dashboard
  • Having a mobile app just dedicated to that might help
    • Opening it, easily fill it out, done
  • Open question: how can we have automated reports from other systems?
  • Could this be done in Mozillians so not only Reps could do it?
    • This could then be included in the Mozillians profile
  • This might be a really good exercise to do a design thinking session on it
  • How can we keep Reps accountable? (15 min)
  • Depends on the different tracks
    • Resources will have their own
    • Not sure about Leadership
  • What could we do in general?
    • Half-yearly meetings with your mentor/coach to set goals
    • During the quarters the coach is there for questions
    • There can be quarterly meetings with the mentor/coach where the goals are reviewed and if necessary changed according to that (optional)
    • This means that every second quarterly meeting will be about new goals, with the other one being a milestone review
    • The goals could be anything Mozilla-related, doesn’t necessarily have to be Reps
    • We can use the OKR framework for this
    • This requires a tighter mentee/mentor/coachee/coach interaction, we should get that by the changes in RepsNext
  • Next Steps
  • Open up these discussions on Discourse (one thread per topic) (Michael to do that until the end of the weekend)
  • Analyze feedback from the community regarding them (keep it open for 2 weeks)
  • Coming up with the final proposal (we need to have it ready for London latest)
2 Likes