Why Addon Debugger doesnt display Content scripts in Sources?

That seems like a problem with the console that doesn’t properly support more than ASCII, which the MS DOS console sadly is a case of.

There is:

If your add-on is intended for a limited audience you should choose Preliminary Review instead of Full Review.

Where can I select “Preliminary Review” on the
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/developers/addon/submit/2 page?

again, this is not a bug with web-ext but the console you’re running it from.

Ok, I did make a test to cd to ÚČTY and I can confirm it. I deleted the posts with the supposed web-ext bug.

Working on the callback bug fix.

What would you suggest? How to fix the empty object check? Something like:

if (!result.hasOwnProperty("easy"))
   alert("Addon is not installed correctly");

seems too aggressive. Is there some kind of non-aggressive Notification what I could display to user? Something like the notifications used by this site? Something that I don’t need to click on the dialogue.

https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/notifications

Is it possible to make the size of the icon and of the notification box smaller? I used icon of size 16 and the icon is still huge and blured!

You can provide a higher resolution icon with alpha padding

I had this idea too, but it seemed to me to be kind of strange solution.

Does there exist something like FF Toolbox Storage for Chrome? How could I check what is saved in storage in Chrome?

Do you mean the “Application” tab in the chrome dev tools?

Where is the tab placed?

It’s the next one after “Profiles”

I have found Resources -> Local Storage

What hotkey to use in FF debugger (Toolbox and web dev tools) when I want to go to sertain line number? I already don’t use Toolbox, but I think the hotkey should work for both debuggers, right?

I have no idea what you want. Hover over buttons and you’ll get tooltips displaying the hotkeys.

Most IDE and code editors have hotkey ctrl+g when you press it, dialog opens where you type line number in input box and confirm; the dialog box close and then editor will jump to the line you specified. This is what I mean.

Crtl + P then enter a : followed by the line number

1 Like

Thanks!

FWIW My solution to finding and debugging CONTENT scripts.

1. FireFox Developers Edition
  2. This Firefox, load extension etc
  3. include a line "console.log(some variable/text) " in the script
  4. open debugger , select console, select logs
  5. run target website (hence script)
  6. click on the reference to your script file against logs (or error msg) on RHS
  7. observe script displayed, set breakpoints etc etc.

Having followed many suggestions above and perused developer.mozilla.org the conclusion has to be that FireFox Portable (at least) cannot be used to debug CONTENT scripts. They run - if good code. & clicking (as per 6) above) displays code but not a debugger version, thankfully at the line involved in the error/log. Which I found normal when debugging JavaScript generally on my websites, but there the scripts are accessible anyway.

Oh & until the code is finished, the inevitable line:
‘document.body.style.border = “5px solid red”;’
is left at the end as a security blanket.