We're Changing the Contribute Wiki and We Need Your Help!

In the next few weeks we’re going to be making some big changes to the current Contribute Wiki page to make it a directory for people interested in contributing to Mozilla.

Right now we are going through all of the content on the current wiki page to identify what is out of date and which links and resources should be preserved and moved to a new section of the wiki.

We’ve been gathering all the links and pages in here but we want to make sure we don’t miss anything.

We would love to hear from you! We want to make sure your favorite resources are preserved when we redesign the contribute page so are asking everyone to take a look at the current wiki page: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Contribute and drop any links and pages that you think should be transferred to the participation page (or another place on the wiki) into this discussion, so that we don’t miss anything.

We will be starting to re-design the wiki page on Friday May 22nd so please send us your links and feedback by then.

If you have any questions you can post them here or reach me directly at lharris@mozilla.com.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

Lucy

2 Likes

It would be interesting to have a central place where anyone can set up an ongoing project and you can discover it filtering based on your preferences.

I’m working on something similar but named “Featured initiatives for volunteers”.

I don’t know if we can set up something using Semantic Media Wiki that we can also fetch from external sites (json/rss). Maybe @pierros or @ckoehler can give us recommendations.

2 Likes

@nukeador I’ve just learned about this amazing tool from @jdm called [bugsahoy][1] that lets volunteers filter bugs by their interests and abilities to find tasks that are good candidates for them to consider working on. It specifically targets bugs that have a mentor attached to them and you can filter by skill, and is way easier for newcomers to understand than bugzilla. Check it out!
[1]: http://www.joshmatthews.net/bugsahoy

1 Like