Weekly Call 25-08-2016 - Special Call

When

• Thursday August 25th, 16:00 UTC

Agenda

• Check the agenda and please add your own topics as well if you have something to share with us.

AirMozilla video

Weekly call details:

Topics

1. Changes to the Reps Program management and Council

And your topic! - feel free to add it on etherpad

PS: As always we encourage you to add some shout outs! We have amazing reps doing amazing work! Let’s send them some #mozlove!

1 Like

Please add yourself to this Reps Event, in case you attended today’s call or watch it on AirMo: https://reps.mozilla.org/e/remo-call-25-08-16/

1 Like

I highly encourage everyone who hasn’t seen or participated live to watch the recording on Air Mozilla. It was an amazing call and I’m sure you would get something out of it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks so much to all attendees and also to those who view the video. Was a great meeting, both emotional and empowering. :two_hearts: :bouquet: :balloon: :clap:t4:

Attendees:

1. Hi my name is Sierra, and I am from San Francisco. My favorite Rep moment was when I looped Ioana into the Social Champions!
  2. Hi i m Harsha Bandaru from hyderabad india
  3. Hi! My name is Prathamesh and I am from Pune, India. My favourite Rep moment was when I first registered an event on the reps portal.
  4. Hi I’m Michael from Switzerland and my favorite Rep moment was … eeeehm… almost every of it? <3
  5. Hi my name is Konstantina and I am from Greece today in India. My favorite Rep moment was when I’ve met all awesome Reps in Athens webmaker party
  6. Hi my name is Daniele and I am from Rieti, this days are not happy for the earthquake in Italy in my zone but the favorite Rep moment was when I met for the first time the other international volunteers
  7. Hi, this is Jakob and Henrik, live from Munich. And yes, Jakob is the next Mozillians generation. :slight_smile: We need to organize a moz gathering for next gen mozillians
  8. Hi, I’m mak from Bangladesh. I just came back from another city after facilitating first ever Connected Devices workshop in our country. This is may latest Favorite Reps Moment
  9. Hi, my name is Giannis and I am from Greece. My favorite Rep moment will be when I hear Elio singing during the Reps call. :P+1
  10. Hi my name is Flore and I’m from Lyon (France) and my favorite reps moment was the first mozcamp I attended (Warsaw in 2012)
  11. Hi! my name is Hugo, and I am from Bolivia. My favorite Rep moment is every time when my swag and/or budget is approved, and the event was a great success :smiley:
  12. Hi my name is Kiki, and I am from Indonesia. My favorite Rep moment was when I organized my first event as a Rep
  13. Hi, Elio from Albania here. Brian, in Slovenia. My favourite Rep moment was … too many … this is difficult. For something trivial … this jig was important: http://people.mozilla.org/~bking/crzy_nuf_rep.gif
  14. Jambo! Alifiyah from Tanzania, my favorite Rep moment was my first physical meet with Mitchel Baker :slight_smile:
  15. Hi, my name is Guillermo and my favorite Rep moment was the first time in Greece, so many hours of fun work
  16. Hi, My name is Dinesh and my favorite mozillian moment was - hard to decide which one is favorite among a lot. My recent favorite moment was made by my reps welcome pack.
  17. Hola, I’m Ruben from Spain. My favorite
  18. Hi, my name is KaiRo, and I am from Austria. My favorite Mozillian moment was when I was offered to work for Mozilla by none other than Mitchell herself (and even though I’m out of that job now I’d like to get back to Mozilla work again).
  19. I am tim maks from the Netherlands
  20. Hi, my name is Ajay, and i am from Warangal, India. My favorite mozillian
  21. Hi, my name is Yuli from México
  22. Hi, my name is Marios and I am from Greece. My favorite Mozillian moment was when I met my mentor.
  23. Hi, my name is Geraldo and I am from Brazil. My favorite Mozillian moment was when I became a Mozilla Rep.
  24. Hi my name is Ganesh and I am from Mauritius. My favorite mozillian moment was the Training days in Athens
  25. Hi, my name is Robby Sayles, I’m from Dallas, Texas
  26. Hi, my name is Ina and I am from Jakarta. My favorite Mozillian moment was when I met another Mozillian in person for the first time
  27. Hi, my name is Rara, and I am from Jakarta - Indonesia. My favorit Mozillian moment was MozSummit 2013 :slight_smile:
  28. Hi, my name is Mijanur and I am from Bangladesh. My favorite Mozillian moment was Leadership Summit in Singapore.

Shout outs!

• to Michael, Christos and Shahid, we thank them all for their hard work
  • to Rosana (again) cause one time is never enough :slight_smile: - This is for you! Thank you! https://mozilla.github.io/Reps/ThankYouRosana/ <–check it out
  • to Arturo we wish he will take the time needed and come back stronger to us
  • to Prathamesh and Umesh for organising a really awesome yet to come India meet-up (more shout outs to the following calls)
  • (Thank you! Pleasure to have you here Konstantina :slight_smile:
  • to all the Regional Coaches for their initial activities aka contact all the communities of their region
  • Brian + Nuke, for their work in MozActivate initiative.
  • to Mijanur Rahman Rayhan for organizing 1st ever Connected Devices Workshop in Bangladesh. +1
  • to Harsha Bandaru for hosting IOT Hack Hyderabad, 32 hours of treasure +1
  • Daniele, Michael, Nuke, Brian, Ioana, …dont want to miss someone…it’s better to stop here

AGENDA
TOPIC 1 - Changes to the Reps Program management and Council

• Nuke is the new program manager
  • Brian is one of the new appointed council member
  • Peers:
  • Council elections coming up
  • 3 available spots as regular Reps elections, check wiki for requirements
  • 1 available spot, he/she can be any Rep but should also be part of the cohort
  • Timeline in the discourse and on email
  • call for nominees ends at the 31st
  • History:
  • start of Reps

QUESTIONS:

• What are the requirements for the Rep spot?
  • check the wiki
  • what are the discussions about opening the position to more Reps?
  • I like that this is opened as an experiment and we can check if this will work or not
  • How would you measure success about the experiment?
  • this person is actively participating in council and have a proactive role.
  • Also if we see more people applying for the council would be a success

ACTIONS:

• do tap people on the shoulder and spread the word out that we have elections
  • Reach out to your lovely Reps Peers anytime with an email to: Reps Peers reps-peers@mozilla.com

RELEVANT LINKS: