Weekly Call 22-09-2016

When

• Thursday September 22nd, 16:00 UTC

Agenda

• Check the agenda and please add your own topics as well if you have something to share with us.

AirMozilla video

Weekly call details:

Topics

1. Mozilla Brand Identity Updates
  2. MozItalians ( @Mte90)
  3. Reps and Regional Team Upodates ( @deimidis)

And your topic! - feel free to add it on etherpad

PS: As always we encourage you to add some shout outs! We have amazing reps doing amazing work! Let’s send them some #mozlove!

Raw notes can be found here…

ReMo Portal Event - If you attended this call or watched the AirMo recording, please mark yourself as an attendee.

Attendees:

1. Hi My name is Walid Amriou, and i am from Algeria :smiley:
  2. Hi my Name is Quentin Lamamy i’m from France.and…
  3. Hi , Harsha Bandaru from Hyderabad, India and…
  4. Hi, I am Ioana and I am from ClujNapoca, Romania and I did add a mozlove shout out till now.
  5. Hi, I am Mehul Patel and I am from Gujarat, India and I did add a mozlove shout out till now.
  6. Hi, I am Robby and I am from Dallas, Texas
  7. Hi I am Irvin and I’m from Taiwan. and…
  8. Hi I am Daniele and I’m from Rieti, Italy.
  9. Hi! I’m Prathamesh from Pune, India and I did add a #MozLove shoot out till now \o/
  10. Hi my name is Alex and I am in London. If K isn’t it, then I don’t know what mozlove is.
  11. Hi my name is Konstantina from Athens Greece and I added a lot of mozlove shoutouts
  12. Hi my name is Sierra and I am from San Francisco! And I did a mozlove shoutout in my Social Champions e-mail to Ioana last week :slight_smile:
  13. Hi, my name is Tim and I’m from San Francisco. And I did a mozlove shoutout to MozReps.
  14. Hi, my name is KaiRo and I’m from Austria. And I did not add a mozloe shout till now. why?
  15. Hi ,I’m Kiki and I’m fro Indonesia
  16. Hi my name is Amine Zaafouri and I am fromTunisia.
  17. Hi, My name is Manel Rhaiem I am from Tunisia,
  18. Hi, my name is Giannis and I am from Greece.
  19. HI, my name is Christos and I am from Greece.
  20. Hi my name is Kumaresan.C.S and I am from Kerala,India and I did add a mozlove shout out till now.
  21. Hi my name is Chandan baba and I am from Mumbai,India and I did a talk about Mozilla and open web in between First year Grad. Students , few more in pipeline.

Shout outs!
Know some Reps who did an amazing work! Let’s share some #mozlove to them! ( they will be tweeted after the meeting)

• Huge #mozlove to Flaki for being the most active MozTechSpeacker ( or one of the firsts ) - https://twitter.com/slsoftworks/status/778939169074712576 Chapeau bas, monsieur! :clap:t4::clap:t4::clap:t4:
  • Huge #mozlove and good luck to all the Regional Coaches for their meetings with all the communities in their region!
  • Huge #mozilove to the new Reps mentors!
  • Huge #mozlove to Christos for volunteering to be today’s chair
  • Huge #mozlove to our Reps!
  • Huge #mozlove to Emma Irwin, happy that you came back!
  • To K for letting/inviting me facilitate the Reps call everyweek.
  • #MozLove to Guillermo, Nuke & Francisco for preparing the next Arabic Gathering for October 2016!
  • Huge #mozlove and good luck to all the Regional Coaches

AGENDA

TOPIC 1 - Mozilla Brand Identity Updates

TOPIC 2 - MozItalians ( Daniele)

• MozItalians is a team inside the Mozilla Italia community with the focus about the program like Campus or Tech Speaker, events and recruiting that act as bridge with the rest of the community.
  • There is the MozItalians council that actually is composed by member that are active in their volunteering and that decide for the rest of the Mozitalians members.
  • For every programs inside they are independent in their activities but they can collaborate with the others to join the forces and improve the community itself.
  • For us is our “Participation Team” in fact is mainly task is do participation stuff.
  • QUESTIONS:
  • How many Reps do you have ? and active Mozillians ? FSA ?
  • Core community is about 10 people
  • Do you have a wiki page or page where someone can find your community?
  • wiki page coming soon

TOPIC 3 - Maker Party Stunt & SUMO Support (Sierra)

• To build awareness for Maker Party and for our efforts in the EU with copyright reform, we are planning a one-day global contribute-a-thon on October 5th to the Creative Commons public domain, where we will make history by contributing the most images to the commons in one day and by the most countries at once. Yes, it’s ambitious but we know we can do it!! This means we need 20k photos submit We’ll have specific instructions coming soon but for now, start collecting all your best photos. We will have a few challenges (with prizes) among the Social Champions to see which communities can submit the most! So if you’re not a part of the Social Champions - it’s time to join! E-mail me at sreed@mozilla.com, Telegram: sierrar, Twitter: @simplxesierra IRC: sreed
  • Today is also a SUMO support day to go with the recent release of Firefox 49. Myself, along with other Mozilla Staff and SUMO Social Supporters are hanging out in the #SUMO room on IRC. If you’re part of the SUMO Social Support crew and have access to Sprinklr, let’s have some fun answering questions and letting everyone know how great this recent release is. For questions on how to get more involved, contact me!
  • QUESTIONS:
  • Will there be any consideration for non-mainstream social networks (Diaspora, etc.)?
  • Good question - right now, we are focused on having everyone contribute to the Creative Commons public domain online.
  • A wiki page about that?
  • I’ll bring this idea up to Elizabeth Hull and Maura Touhy. I’ll try to have an answer by the next reps call and have something as a public page for information on how to get involved.
  • Perfect we will try to do something in Italy to promote that - THANK YOU!
  • ACTIONS: Share the idea! (that’s action for Reps :slight_smile:
  • RELEVANT LINKS: If you receive Firefox support questions - here’s some FAQs for you.

TOPIC 4 - Reps and regional updates (Guillermo)

TOPIC 5 - Help me with my project!

• In this section the floor is yours to present in 1 minute a project you are working on and ask other Reps for help and support.
    If you can’t make the call, please add your project below and a link with more information and we’ll read it for you during the call.
  • Hello team, My name is Chandan , I need help on Activating Mozilla Leadership Network to my region India. Since its a functional area and I got repsonsiblity to Mobilize Others. During Event Me and My team created a proposal where we wrote what are our goals and how we can help global community of MLN.
  • here is the link of that : http://bit.ly/2cOxi5V please comment what you find best for this initiative.
  • Whom Should I contact for getting mentored for MLN ?

NON-VERBAL UPDATES (ie: you can’t attend but want to share something)

1 Like