Weekly Call 2016-05-05

When

• Thursday May 5th, 16:00 UTC

Agenda

• Check the agenda and please add your own topics as well if you have something to share with us.

AirMozilla video

Weekly call details:

Topics

1. Nordic Mozilla L10n Hackathon 2016 (Bittin)
  2. Diversity & Inclusion @ Mozilla ( Larissa and Rara/ Flaki)
  3. Diversity & Inclusion on your community (Mijanur, Sandraghassen, Flore, Gasper, Subarraya)

And your topic! - feel free to add it on etherpad

PS: As always we encourage you to add some shout outs! We have amazing reps doing amazing work! Let’s send them some #mozlove!

1 Like

Raw notes here.

Attendees:

1. Hi my name is Mohammed Migdadi, and i am from Jordan.My Hoppy is
    2, Hi my name is Luna i am from Sweden. My Hobby is geeky stuff
  2. Hi Kontstantina form Greece and my hobby is caving
  3. Hi this is Vnisha Srivastav from Uttar Pradesh, India and my hobby is…Ah, I won’t tell :stuck_out_tongue:
  4. Hi My name is Mohamed Hafez, and i am from Egypt. too much hot here :smiley:
  5. Hi, I’m Larissa, I lead diversity and inclusion initiatives for Mozilla, and more importantly am a Californian MozRep :smiley: I live in Santa Cruz and my “hobbies” are parenting (not really a hobby but it takes all my time) and gardening
  6. Hi I’m Michael from really sunny and warm Switzerland, and I have nice Firefox sunglasses :slight_smile: Wow I like it +1
  7. Hi, my name is Mijanur and I am from Bangladesh. My hobby is playing cricket.
  8. Hi, my name is Christophe and i am Paris in France. My Hobby is of the make cookies Firefox 3D :wink:
  9. Hi, my name is Gašper, and I am from Slovenia. My hobby is
  10. Hi, it’s Flaki (with Liv) from the café with Bazinga!-covered walls, and my hobby is conference-organizing(apparently) :smiley:
  11. Hi, It’s Anis from Dhaka, Bangladesh.
  12. Hi my name is Towaha, and I am from Sylhet, Bangladesh. My hobby is playing Piano.
  13. HI BEBE HERE from Romania
  14. Hi My name Is Mahmood Qudah From jordan
  15. Hi my name is Ganesh, and I am from Mauritius. My hobby is football
  16. Hi I am Sunnat from Dhaka, Bangladesh. Hobby is watching Football
  17. Hi I’m Bolaram from Sylhet,Bangladesh & my hoby is coding , gaming.
  18. Hi I’m Mehul Patel from India and my hobby is to hack others stuff, how??? its secret, won’t tell :stuck_out_tongue:

Shout outs! Know some Reps who did an amazing work! Let’s share some #mozlove to them!

• Larissa wants to thank Flaki and RaRa for their work on the d&I strategy working group <3

**AGENDA **
TOPIC 1 - Nordic Mozilla L10n Hackathon 2016 (Luna)

TOPIC 2 - Diversity & Inclusion @ Mozilla ( Larissa and Rara/ Flaki)

• Have a look at the slide deck linked below, there are a lot of information already there!
  • Listen & Discover phase
  • In the next few months more listening going on
  • Now moving to Planning phase - figure out goals, priority, “how do we want to change?”
  • More concrete action plans to come
  • D&I Strengths
  • Reps is incredibly diverse
  • Trying to move away from a California-centric strategy, more global
  • That’s where we come in and can help out
  • Key principals
  • Lead, not follow
  • Measure everything
  • Be transparent
  • Be Fair
  • Be all-in
  • We really want to be a leader (specially in the open source space) in D&I
  • QUESTIONS:
  • Does you have specific plan for first stage (listen)?
  • Finding out what the gaps are in the pieces we’ve already done
  • Include questions in surveys
  • ACTIONS:
  • Larissa needs help documenting this, reach out to her if you want to help out with putting information on the wiki
  • [Flaki] feel free to contact me anytime if you want to discuss anything!
  • RELEVANT LINKS:
  • Slides PDF
  • Unconscious Bias resources

TOPIC 3 - Diversity & Inclusion on your community (Mijanur, Sandraghassen , Flore, Gasper, )

• Tell us about:How you make your community more diverse and inclusive, what is your strategy?
  • What are the biggest obstacles you’ve ever faced?’
  • How could Mozilla best support you?
    Mijanur

Flore

• we are trying to get back where we where
  • we will have more meeting in the future
    Gasper and Brian (talking about the Slovenian community)
  • Kind of lacking diversity
  • There are a few woman who joined recently
  • We want to work on that!
  • We could use “best pracises” documented somewhere to help us find out what we should maybe do better
  • “How can you bring more diverse people to a hackathon?”
  • We take any tips we can get!
    Sandraghassen Subarraya Pillai [Ganesh]
    Up to now I have been organizing events with diverse community and ages; strategy: focusing or targeting different group by going through NGOs, Associations or cultural societies and youth clubs, after schools for oriental languagesBiggest obstacles - internet connectivity and equipment to enable us to conduct hands-on practice Provide support to enable us to participate ICT events at national level

NON-VERBAL UPDATES