Weekly Call 2016-03-24

When

• Thursday March 24th, 16:00 UTC

Agenda

• Check the agenda and please add your own topics as well if you have something to share with us.

AirMozilla video

Weekly call details:

Topics

1. Mozilla Madagascar
  2. Technical contributors & speakers, connected devices, women in MozPune
  3. Updates about Mozilla Hungary

And your topic! - feel free to add it on etherpad

PS: As always we encourage you to add some shout outs! We have amazing reps doing amazing work! Let’s send them some #mozlove!

Raw notes here.

Attendees:

1. Hi, my name is Ioana and I am from Romania. My fav band is Parov Stellar/ Coldplay
  2. Hi, my name is @flaki and I’m from Csak Neked Dezső!, a café in Budapest, HU. My fav band is Hybrid :heart_eyes_cat: http://www.hybridsoundsystem.com/
  3. Hi my name is Konstantina from Athens, Greece, my favorite band is Muse
  4. Hi my name is Amine @Zaafouri and I am from Tunisia My favorite band is … Hmm, what a hard question
  5. Hi this is Harsha Bandaru and my fav band is RedHot Chilli Peppers
  6. Hi, my name is Christos and I am from Thessaloniki. My favorite band is faithless (they are coming to Cluj :tada:).
  7. Hi my name is Mahmood Qudah, and I am from jordan . My favorite band is nth :stuck_out_tongue:
  8. Hi my name is Lucy and I am from Toronto. My favorite band is Frightened Rabbit (but I also love Taylor Swif)
  9. Hi my name is Rosana and I am from Colombia. I don’t have a favorite bad, I love so many!
    10.Hi my name is George and I am frontreal. My favorite band is U2.
  10. Hi my name is Shagufta and I am from Pune, India. No particular favorite band. I like music that sounds good :stuck_out_tongue:
  11. Hi my name is Abhiram and I’m from India! My favorite band is One Direction
  12. Hi, My name is Anis and I’m from Dhaka, Bangladesh. My favorite band is Coldplay/LP and many more
  13. Hi, I’m Ina from Jakarta-Indonesia, and my favorite band is U2 and Radiohead. I wrote about U2 as my final project to graduate from university:D
  14. Hi My name is Quentin i’m from Lille in France and my favorite brand is YES
  15. Hi, I’m Vuyisile from Zimbabwe. Don’t like bands
  16. HI, I’m Towaha from Sylhet, Bangladesh, my favourite band is Powerwolf;
  17. Hi, I am Ikram from Dhaka and my favourite band is a local one, Artcell.
  18. Hi I am Viswaprasth from Chennai Emma from Sooke and my favourite band is Coldplay or old punk rock/metal music (contrast)
  19. Trishul from IndiaHi, my name is Mijanur, and I am from Bangladesh. My favorite band is Warfaze.
  20. Hi my name is Ibel, and I am from Nicaragua. My favorite band is Bigbang.

Shout outs!

• to William Q, he is one of the reason Reps exist and we couldn’t be more thankful for all his work +1000000+1000000
  • Happy Easter for those Reps we are celebrating this weekend
  • Abhiram & Kumaresan for kick-starting Campus Campaign planning at Mozilla Kerala, Kochi (from FSA team) Ref: abhiramrk.com/setting-the-stage/
  • Happy Holi!
  • Lucy & team, thank you for getting the campaign website out! Drumroll. (takebacktheweb.mozilla.community) (Abhiram) <3
  • Konstantina and Ioana for making this call better every time, seeing all the participation leaders here is fantastic! <3 +1000<3

Chair: Konstantina
Notetakers: Ioana

**AGENDA **
TOPIC 0 - Questions on CD

TOPIC 0’ - Nominations for London Work Week

• Questions
  • Do I automatically get nominated when I nominate someone else?
  • No, no self nominations
  • If I am nominated I am directly invited?
  • No, all nominated persons will get an invite to apply - we wanted to check availability and desire to participate

TOPIC 1 - Technical contributors & speakers, connected devices, women in MozPune - Shagufta

• Goal: more tehnical contributions and getting more women+++🙌 (not only) into Connected devices
  • Started CD learning group in our college . College has issued us 3 raspberry pi2 for now. :D1 month long ideathon in college so people can submit there ideas for Mozilla connected devices. Already received details of ideas like Traffic intensity detector, Smart hospital storage
  • Bug Fixing hackathon( Bugzilla, bugsahoy, working on bugs and sending PRs)
  • QUESTIONS: How the learning group was organized?
  • We meet on regular intervals to discuss and work upon what we have learn new. Mostly FSAs but even others are there. We started with implementing the regular assignments we have in our curriculum, for RPi, like using MPI programming for RPi clusters. We are learning further and exploring we can implement our ideas . We use the documentation, cookbook, and the user guide.
  • RELEVANT LINKS: https://github.com/mozilla/participation-leaders-accountability/issues/42https://reps.mozilla.org/e/connected-devices-connected-worldhttps://reps.mozilla.org/e/bug-fixing-hackathon/

TOPIC 2 - Take Back The Web

TOPIC 3 - Mozilla Madagascar Online Presence - Mariot

TOPIC 4 - Mozilla Hungary - Flaki

TOPIC 5- What we are working on in the council - (non verbal today)

• Innovation Fund: we’re still working on the details (finalize the commitee, criteria)
  • Evolution of the Reps program: All respective working groups are getting feedback from everyone through meeting and discussion. You still have time to participate by reviewing the notes on discourse and providing your valuable feedback. We have finished the mentor assignments, please get in touch with them if you got one assigned
  • Questions: contact the council reps-council@mozilla.com

TOPIC 6- Setting the stage - Take Back the Web campaign - Abhiram

TOPIC 8 – Mozilla Zimbabwe Privacy Campaign --Vuyisile

667 people reached so far, 130 people engaged.

• Lots of interest generated from social media and now we have one event scheduled for 1 April to introduce Mozilla and to discuss Privacy
  • Working on recruiting FSAs. for the campus campaign. Nothing much to share right now, still in beginning stages/talks with students and Universities.

NON-VERBAL UPDATES: