Weekly Call 2016-01-28

When

• Thursday January 28th, 16:00 UTC

Agenda

• Check the agenda and please add your own topics as well if you have something to share with us.

AirMozilla video

Weekly call details:

Topics

• Leadership Summit: We will talk about what happened in Singapore (Sessions, Campus Campaign, Connected Devices…)

And your topic! - feel free to add it on etherpad

PS: As always we encourage you to add some shout outs! We have amazing reps doing amazing work! Let’s send them some #mozlove!

Raw notes can be check here.

Attendees:

1. Hi my name is Luna and i am from Sweden My goal for the first quarter of 2016 is to Arrange a Mozfika and keeping working on Mozilla L10n
  2. Hi, my name is Amine Zaafouri, and I am from Tunisia. My biggest wish for 2016 is to contribute more in the Mozilla project.
  3. Hi, my name is Rabimba Karanjai, and I am from Houston/India. My biggest wish…well I don’t have a biggest wish. My smaller wishes include completing all the unfinsihed Mozilla projects I’m involved in (or atleast giving them a try)
  4. Hi, my name is Kelimutu, and I am from Indonesia. My goal for the first quarter of 2016 is helping my local community to get its very first Mozilla space. ^^
  5. Hi, my name is Mijanur, and I am from Bangladesh. My goal for the first quarter of 2016 is to spread campus campaign and teach the people.
  6. Hi, my name is Sunnat, and I am from Bangladesh. My goal for the first quarter of 2016 is helping the new comers and other mozillians regarding the Mozilla’s missions, specially in the CodeBase.
  7. Hi, my name is JB, and I am from Uganda. My goal for the first quarter of 2016 is to have some code contributions towards Firefox and Mozilla projects and also help grow my community
  8. My name is Lucy I am from Toronto my goal for this first quarter is to build an effective community comms process and help the participation suceed across all our projects! (Face & Voice muted today)
  9. My Name is Trishul, I am from India. My goal for Q1 is to excel Addon code base and addons development
  10. HI my name is Emma, and I am from Vancouver Island Canada - my goal for quarter of 2016 is to design and run a great hackathon for connected devices or privacy (not sure which yet)
  11. Hi, my name is Francisco, and I am from Spain. My goal for the first quarter is survive another FOSDEM
  12. Hi, my name is Jobava, I am from Romania. My goal for the first quarter is to spread the word on privacy
  13. Hi , my name is Lebron
  14. Brian, I am from Uganda . My goal for the first quarter of 2016 is to Teach the web
  15. Hi , my name is Ganesh, I am from Mauritius, My goal for the first quarter of 2016 are new recruits, Campus Campaign and Connected devices, while spreading Teach the Web and Privacy awareness

Shout outs!

AGENDA

Leadership Summit

IDEAS-FEEDBACK

• Please let us know your opinion about this call here!
  • Well organized I should say, this was my first Reps Call and it’s totally fun being a part of ReMo!! (Abhiram)
  • Suggestion for next event: Venue map to help the participant get to the venue without wander in the building first. ((:
  • For next event, maybe we can ask help from nearby community to come one day earlier to help with event or logistic preparation (I think we are so welcome for that).
  • With the Campus Campaign it’s important to establish first some key ideas like:
  • what privacy is
  • why privacy matters, not just for individuals, but also for society
  • what Mozilla can do for that
  • some specific common messages, graphics and stories, or templates
  • For Connected Devices, it’s important to have an idea of what those may be, even if unrealistic, some visions.
  • What will be the future role of Firefox OS?
  • Is Mozilla going to promote hardware hacking and how will that integrate into the future strategy?
  • Why is Mozilla the right future nexus for the consumer-based IoT revolution?
  • One key differentiation for Mozilla here is being able to do something that the corporations (not even Google) can do: free software and updates, a focus on security and putting the user first. Instead of using these devices as data collectors, Mozilla can promise people agency and control
  • Idea for campaign: “Radically Open”