Weekly Call 2016-01-07

When

• Thursday January 7th, 16:00 UTC

Agenda

• Check the agenda and please add your own topics as well if you have something to share with us.

AirMozilla video

Weekly call details:

Topics

1. Help me with my project
  2. Introduction of the new council members
  3. Alumnis in the program - Christos
  4. Events
  5. Council news

And your topic! - feel free to add it on etherpad

PS: As always we encourage you to add some shout outs! We have amazing reps doing amazing work! Let’s send them some #mozlove!

1 Like

Raw notes can be found here

Attendees:

1. i my name is mahmood qudah and i am from jordan , my biggest wish for 2016 is alot :stuck_out_tongue:
  2. Hi my name is Faisal Aziz and I am from India, My biggest wish for 2016 is to get a new home:)
  3. Hi my name is Abhiram, and I am from India! My biggest wish for 2016 is to get busy doing something
  4. Hi my name is Daniele, and i am from Italy and internet lag in the audio -.-’!
  5. Hi my name is Anis, and I’m from Dhaka, Bangladesh.
  6. Hi my name is Larissa and I’m from Santa Cruz, California, USA (and, sadly, I’m etherpad only today, streaming is not working on the train). My biggest wish for 2016 is to get better at balancing my family and my work (volunteer and job both)
  7. Hi my name is Belayet, I am from Dhaka, Bangladesh.Hi, my name is Rara, and I am from Indonesia. My biggest wish for 2016 is visiting Snoopy Museum in Tokyo (http://www.snoopymuseum.tokyo/ - open on April 2016 :P)
  8. Hi, my name is Rosana
  9. Hi my name is Konstantina and my biggest wish is to eat less chocolatewhy less ? :stuck_out_tongue:
  10. Hi my name is Yofie Setiawan from Jakarta, Indonesia. My biggest wish for 2016 to have some fun with Mozilla!
  11. Hi my name is Rizky Ariestiyansyah and I am from Indonesia My biggest wish is to have wife.
  12. Hi my name is Christos and I am from Greece. My biggest wish for 2016 is everyone to be healthy.
  13. Hi my name is Mijanur and I am from Bangladesh.
  14. Hi my name is Marios and I am from Greece. My biggest wish for 2016 is world peace and less cookies
  15. Hi my name is George and I am from Berlin!!! My biggest wish for 2016 is to see a huge breakout in the impact toward our mission that is driven by volunteer contributors.
  16. Hi my name is Lucy and I am from Toronto. My biggest wish for 2016 is for participation to have many HUGE victories!
  17. Hey, Here is Sunnat from Dhaka, Bangladesh. My biggest wish for 2016 is for some miracle. :wink:
  18. Hi, i am Manuela i am from Côte d’Ivoire, Africa. My biggest wish for 2016 is womoz launch from and participation
  19. Hi I am Ioana
  20. Hi I am Biraj , from India.
  21. Hi, I am San James, from Kampala, Uganda
  22. Hi, I am Hasan from Karachi, Pakistan
  23. Hi, I am Ikram from Dhaka, Bangladesh
  24. hi my name is Emma, and I am from British Columbia Canada
  25. Hi I am Prathamesh from Pune, India
  26. I am Mohamed Hafez from Egypt
  27. I am Trishul from India
  28. I am Bolaram , from Bangladesh
  29. I am Dyvik from India

Shout outs!

• to the outgoing council members for their hard work! Thanks a million @ankitgadgil , @sane , @luis and @bobreyes !
  • to the new council members for stepping up to the council
  • to the new alumni for all their hard work being Reps
  • to @franc cause he was working at his holidays to make sure that all of us will have an awesome time in Singapore and Fosdem - Infinit appreciation!
  • @nukeador, @Christos and @mkohler for making onboarding easy and fun for new council member
  • To the FSA EBoard + RALs for stepping up during the past 2 weeks of transition of @tjlee and the FSA program to the Participation Team
  • To @CaptainCalliope for jumping in with 2 feet to help shape the Participation Software Lab – process and strategy
  • @shahidfarooqui or being the new council chair
  • To @Dorothydaf for doing an incredibly good job of documenting the Orlando all hands

TOPIC 1 - Introduction of the new council members

TOPIC 2 - Alumni in the program

• We had the activity campaign at the end of the year. It was a way for people to have cool initiatives to do like the yearbook. As a result we transitioned the inactive people to alumni -those people will of course be recognised for their hard work contributing, they will receive a certificate. The certificates will be sent into the week. The people that were transitioned to alumni can of course come back to the project when they fill ready Also some mentors were moved to alumni so we will do some re-assignments to mentees. We are already working on reassignments
  • Special certificates to active Reps during 2015 are also coming

TOPIC 3 - Featured Future Events

• January Privacy Month Campaign - An initiative by Mozilla India. Communities from all over the world can participate. There’s a wiki with the content kit and some guidelines.
  • Moz Telugu Community Meetup (9-10) Hyderabad, India
  • MozCoffe Thessaloniki (10), Thessaloniki, Greece
  • Singapore Leadership Summit - Please check that you have everything (valid passport, flight, invitation letter, etc). Pack light, it’s like summer. Lot of humidity. Check the wiki and send an email to me (franc at mozilla dot com) if you still have any doubt, or if you haven’t booked your flights.

NON-VERBAL UPDATES

1 Like