Weekly Call 18-08-2016

When

Thursday August 18th, 16:00 UTC

Agenda

Check the agenda and please add your own topics as well if you have something to share with us.

AirMozilla video

https://air.mozilla.org/reps-weekly-20160818

Weekly call details:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo/Meetings#ReMo_Weekly_Call4

Topics

And your topic! - feel free to add it on etherpad

PS: As always we encourage you to add some shout outs! We have amazing reps doing amazing work! Let’s send them some #mozlove!

1 Like

Raw notes can be reached here.

Attendees:

1. Hi my name is Christos and I am from Greece. My favorite sports team is the team I am part of :stuck_out_tongue:
  2. Hi my name is Mijanur and I am from Bangladesh. My favorite sports team is Bangladesh Cricket Team.
  3. Hi my name is Alex, and I am in London. My favorite sports is Caving, because that’s what K like.
  4. Hi my name is Christophe and i am at Paris From France. My favorite sport team is the handball
  5. Hi my name is Konstantina and I am from Athens, Greece. My favorite sport is football and my favorite team is Olympiacos (although I do caving too as Alex mentioned, that is more of a hobby:P)
  6. Hi my name is Flore, and I am from Lyon (France). My favorite sport is Rugby
  7. Hi my name is Kumaresan.C.S and I am from Kerala,India My favorite sport/sports team is Indian Cricket Team.
  8. Hi, my name is Kelimutu, and I am from Indonesia. My favorite sport team is the Indonesian Badminton team who just get the gold on the Rio olympic yesterday. \o/
  9. Hi, My name is Dinesh, and I am from India. My favorite sport is Cricket.
  10. Hi, my name is Geraldo and I’m from Brazil. My favorite sport is taekwondo.
  11. Hi, I’m Jobava from Romania. My favourite sport is pokemon hunting
  12. Hi Ioana. My fav sport team is U BT CLUJ
  13. Hi my name is Harsha Bandaru , and i am from India. My favorite sport is Badminton
    14, Hello, I’m Francisco, and I am from Madrid. My favorite sport team is Hockey (ice, roller).
  14. Hello, I’m Sierra and I am from San Francisco. My favorite sport is baseball and my favorite team is the Oakland Athletics
  15. Hi, my name is Giannis and I am from Greece. I don’t have any favorite sports team. :open_mouth:
  16. Hi, my name is Gašper and I am from Slovenia.
  17. HI , my name is Abbackar Diomande and I am from Ivory Coast my fovorite sport is Football/sport team is Chlesea FC
  18. Hi my name is Amine Zaafouri and I am from Tunisia My favorite sport/sports team is football ( not the american one :stuck_out_tongue: )
  19. Hi, I am Ikram from Dhaka, Bangladesh and My favourite sport is chess :stuck_out_tongue:
  20. Hi, my name is KaiRo, and I am from Austria. My favorite sports team is the New Orleans Saints (of American Football).
  21. Hi my name is Sandeep, i’m from India .My favourite sports team is cricket

Shout outs!

• Shout out to Rara who is doing an excellent job as council chair
  • Shout out to Kiki that is doing an awesome job in bugzilla
  • Shout out to Rosana who has been an awesome Program manager for the last 2 years and a half
  • Shout out to Nuke for being our new Program manager (watch out he is a bot)
  • Shout out to Flore for all her help in the Review Team
  • Shout out to all of the Reps from the Social Team as you’re doing an amazing job overall. \o/

AGENDA
TOPIC 1 - Reps Elections - Ioana

• New New Timeline proposed (All times in 09:00 UTC)
  • Aug 18 - call for candidates (eligible Mozilla Reps Mentors/Cohort only)
  • Aug 24 - call closes
  • Aug 25- start of campaign period – candidates are given 5 days to answer questions and post them on their profile page – candidates are given 5 days to publish a 30-120 seconds campaign video
  • Aug 29th deadline for answers and videos to be published – Reps are encouraged to read through candidate replies and watch their videos during the week
  • Aug 30th - voting starts
  • Sep 4th - voting ends - new elected members are announced and
  • Sep 5 st - the Council Onboarding begins
  • I shorten the time to prepare the campaign as the people that will candidate will be engaged so normally they should be available for this in the 5 days time.

RELEVANT LINKS:

TOPIC 2 - Indian and European Community meet-ups - Konstantina and Franc

• Moz India - Aug 26-27/8 :arrow_right:️ 120 participants :arrow_right:️ 5 staff members joining physically
  • develop options for the direction, vision, strategy and roadmap of the Mozilla India community for the year 2016-17
  • European meet-up
    *Registration deadline extended until Friday (tomorrow!!):
  • September 10th-11th, Berlin :arrow_right:️ 35-40 participants from Europe :arrow_right:️ 3-5 staff members
  • More info on the wiki (more info to come)

QUESTIONS:

• What Mozilla staff members will be attending each of the MeetUps?
  • India: 2 from participation team, 1 from Rust, 1 from Brand and 1 from DevRel
  • Thank you
  • Do you plan on including any social KPIs or goals for 2016-17? -Sierra
  • How we choose people for the event?
  • India one Application process similar to the European one
  • For better understanding about selection process for Mozilla India Meetup
  • Do you need help promoting the European event on social?
  • Yes, we are in contact
  • Isn’t 8 places for the rest of Europe a little small? (20% of 35-40)
  • focus countries are Italy, UK, Spain, France, Germany, Poland those are the focused countries for the countries campaign
  • Only 3 countries mentionned on the wiki and 6 here (and discourse)
  • Its 6 the wiki needs updates

RELEVANT LINKS:

TOPIC 3 - ROM survey results - Ioana

• Rep of the month - Reps - 24 replies
  • Were you Rep of the month? 66.7% Yes
  • I was elected ROM because: My mentor likes my activity/ I was very active/ I am constantly active being in touch wiht my mentor or my program
  • I feel I was not elected ROM : 47.1% Other - 35% because my mentor might be inactive
  • I consider ROM a good reward for Reps because: it gets you visibility in the program it motivates reps to do more // Recognizes the effort one had in a certain month
  • Rep of the month - Mentors - 6 replies
  • Do you regularly nominate a Rep for ROM? - Mostly NO
  • I do not nominate a Rep to be ROM because - 33.3% I feel I do not follow reps activitie as close & I forget when I have to do it
  • Do you regularly vote for ROM? - 83 % yes
  • I do not vote because: 100% I forget when I have to do it

ACTIONS:

TOPIC 4 Mozilla Connected Device workshop in Sylhet, Bangladesh - Mijanur

QUESTIONS:

• Can you write the hashtag?
  • #ConnecteddevicesSylhet

TOPIC 4 - Council updates Christos

• Review team onboarding process
  • Voted Council’s OKRs are disccused
  • RepsNext blogpost is on it’s way

NON-VERBAL UPDATES

• New Open Design update.
  • Article about it in press
  • The social team has a unique way to incorporate your content through our open source Instagram account: Mozillagram. Individuals and communities have the opportunity to takeover Mozillagram to promote an event or post pictures & Instagram Stories from their current events. If you are interested in learning more about this, please contact me at sreed at mozilla.com and we can chat about getting you scheduled for a takeover!
1 Like