Weekly Call 15-06-2017

Hello amazing Reps,

Summer is here for north hemisphere and so is the Reps call

Remember, the calls in June will happen at 14:00 UTC, 2 hours earlier than usual

AirMo video:

Etherpad link: https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/remo-call-15-06-17

This is a weekly call with some of the Reps to discuss all matters about/affecting Reps and invite Reps to share their work with everyone.

Weekly call details:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo/Meetings#ReMo_Weekly_Call7311

Topics

• TOPIC 1 - Reps new log - @elioqoshi 

• TOPIC 2 - Future featured events - @franc

• TOPIC 3 - Council updates - @konstantina

• TOPIC 4 - RainofRust Pune edition - @prathamesh 

And your topic! - feel free to add it on etherpad

PS: As always we encourage you to add some shout outs! We have amazing reps doing amazing work! Let’s send them some #mozlove!

Raw notes are here.

ReMo Portal Event - If you attended this call or watched the AirMo recording, please mark yourself as an attendee here (both reps or mozillians)

Attendees:

• Bala Subramaniyan | @ balapandu222 | My dad is my Super HERO.
  • Dinesh Mv | @ dinesh_mv
  • Kiki | @ kelimuttu | my mom (when I was kid and forever)
  • Francisco, @ francjp, Shazam (weird, I know: http://shazam.wikia.com/wiki/Shazam)
  • Elio @ elioqoshi - Spiderman (cliche I know)
  • Kumaresan.C.S | @ cskumaresan | My super Hero is my Dad
  • Sierra Reed | @ SimplxeSierra | I wasn’t into superheroes…but I will say I loved the Power Rangers
  • KaiRo, no twitter, I never was much into super heroes but always love Asterix - does that count?
  • konstantina @ Konstantina_P I am between thor and tweety
  • Prathamesh Chavan | @ pathfinderpc | Shaktiman was my favourite super hero as a kid
  • Ruben @ nukeador IceMan, the only one who can save us from this heat
  • Robin Koshy | @ 007Robinkoshy | Super hero my mom :slight_smile:
  • Rishu Goenka | @ RishuGoenka
  • Tanzeel Khan, @ khantanzeel, spiderman
  • Sandeep Kapalawai | @ sandeep81910240

Know some Reps who did an amazing work! Let’s share some #mozlove to them! ( they will be tweeted after the meeting)

• New Council members, they are already taking ownership of tasks in their 2 weeks in the Council.

TOPIC 1 Reps Logo - Elio

• Check design. Add your thoughts or feedbacks

• Be constructive

Questions?

• what about the community logo?
  • We’re still thinking about it. There’s a pilot experiment to discuss more details with some communities like Greece, Albania, & Germany.

TOPIC 2 Featured Future events - Francisco

TOPIC 3 Council updates - Konstantina

• New Council members onboarded and already taking interest on key points of work
    • Flore Resources
    • Faye Coaching
    • Ankit Activate
    • Elio Communications
    • Daniele onboarding

TOPIC 4 RainOfRust - Pune edtion - Prathamesh

• You can join the talk remotely via the youtube channel (link is coming tomorrow)
    We’re focusing on beginner and moderate.

TOPIC 5: A Summer of Internet Health - Sierra

• Mozilla is taking a stand against Net Neutrality in the US (again, sad face), as well as creating a few other cool things launching this summer.
    • June 19th - Mozilla will start to take over San Francisco with some great ads against net neutrality and for people to downloand Firefox
    • June 26th - Mozilla’s Podcast will launch! Yes, Mozilla will launch a podcast titled IRL with Veronica Belmont. People can listen to the IRL trailer or pre-subscribe to IRL on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Pocket Casts, Overcast, or RadioPublic.
    • June 28-July 1 - T-shirt & Totes Pop-Up: If you’re here for All Hands, stop by the t-shirt & totes pop up to create someting to show that you stand for a free and open internet
    • June 29th - A Night for Internet Health. This will be an exciting FREE event taking place at SF Jazz. Speakers will include Veronica Belmont, DeRay McKesson, and many others. Tickets will go on sale to Mozillians TOMORROW. We have 200 tickets for Mozillians.
    • CommonVoice - Mozilla is building the largest crowdsourced voice database. As more functionalities are moving to voice, then we need to make sure it recognizes all variations of voice. Please, donate your voice when you visit the tees and totes pop-up. This will also roll out to a wider audience after All Hands.
  • For more information check out this Mozilla blog post: https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/06/14/mozilla-launches-campaign-raise-awareness-internet-health/?utm_content=buffer26668&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

TOPIC 6 - Open floor and questions

In this section the floor is yours to present in 1 minute a project you are working on and ask other Reps for help and support.
If you can’t make the call, please add your project below and a link with more information and we’ll read it for you during the call.

NON-VERBAL UPDATES (ie: you can’t attend but want to share something)