Weekly Call 04-08-2016

When

• Thursday August 4th, 16:00 UTC

Agenda

• Check the agenda and please add your own topics as well if you have something to share with us.

AirMozilla video

Weekly call details:

Topics

1. Coaching - @deimidis
  2. Regional Coaches - @nukeador, @deimidis and @Mte90
  3. Rio Web Fest - @agarzia and @dricupello
  4. Activate - @nukeador and @kinger
  5. Participation OKR - @couci and @lucyeoh
  6. Rust @ Mozilla Jakarta community Space - @rara

And your topic! - feel free to add it on etherpad

PS: As always we encourage you to add some shout outs! We have amazing reps doing amazing work! Let’s send them some #mozlove!

1 Like

Raw notes here.

Attendees:

1. Hi my name is Sandeep kapalawai , and I am from india My favorite sport/sports team is cricket.
  2. Hi, I’m Jobava and I am from Romania. My favourite month of the year is Simha (Mars perihelion by the Darian Calendar)
  3. Hi my names is Adriano and I am from Brazil and my favorite month of the year is October.
  4. Hi, my name is Guillermo and I am from Argentina. My favorite month of the year is May
  5. Hi, my name is Gašper, from Love, I mean Slovenia. I just love October.
  6. Hi my name is Francisco, and I am from Spain. My favorite month of the year is March
  7. Hi my name is Konstantina and I am from Greece. My favorite month is September
  8. Hi, I am Ioana and I am in Cluj Napoca now… My fav month is December!
  9. Hi , my name is Mrinal Jain and i am from India , my favorite month of the year is July
  10. Hi my name is Amine Zaafouri, and I am from Tunisia. My favorite month of the year is August
  11. Hi my name is Sierra and I am from San Francisco. My favorite month of the year is October - World Series and Halloween. What’s not to love?!?
  12. Hi my name is Deryan and I am from Jakarta, Indonesia. My favorite month of the year is July
  13. Hi, my name is Alex, and I’m in London. And my favorite month is June, because that’s the month K was born in. <3
  14. Hi, my name is Geraldo, and I am from Brazil. My favorite month of the year is december!
  15. Hi, my name is Rara and I am from Jakarta, Indonesia. My favorite month is November <3
  16. Hi, my name’s Dinesh and i am from india. My favorite month is december.
  17. Hiç my name is Emin, and I am from Azerbaijan. My favorite month of the year is January.

Shout outs!

• Guillermo (Deimidis), for continue doing things with only one eye (we hope he get recovered soon from his Conjuntivitis!!) << get better soon! <3
  • Christophe Villeneuve for being the Rep of the month
  • Surit Aryal (@imsurit) on completing l10n for ne_NP of Firefox for iOS.

**AGENDA **
TOPIC 1 - Coaching - @deimidis ( mozilla/participation-org#441)

• Training new Reps mentors in a different way, changing the focus from bureaucracy to personal development focus.
  • We are having a guide. We are testing
  • This is the first round once we are done we are starting with a new one
  • We are also having coaching for the existing mentors
  • Next Steps
  • we are discussing with the council on who is going to be the new coachees
  • We will gather feedback from the current coachees

RELEVANT LINKS

TOPIC 2 - Regional Coaches - @nukeador, @deimidis and @Mte90

• Selection is finished
  • This is an experiment on improving the connection between local communities- Reps-Mozilla
  • We want the regional coaches to know the regional communities problems and concerns and raise them to the Reps Council and have a 2 way communication between the council and the local communities. Reps council will help on guidance about mozilla goals and were we are heading
  • Regional coaches are being onboarded right now and have a small reseach on where the regional communities status
  • Its a way for the Reps program to adapt to the needs of the local communities

QUESTIONS:

• What’s the difference between a coach and a mentor?
  • A coach is someone who guides, listen and unblocks, not necessarily present on day to day work or teaching concrete stuff (like how to code). Coaching is a more high level relationship.
  • How can we bring the coaches into Mozilla Open Mic? I think it’s a great opportunity to collaborate with the social team on leveraging the work out of the communities and through the coaches

RELEVANT LINKS:

TOPIC 3 - Rio Club Fest - @soapdog and @dricupello

• Rio Web Fest was a day of technological exploration and also a celebration of one and a half year of work with LAN houses in Brazil.
  • We had around 65 people.
  • If you are interested on doing something similar please do ask Adriano and soapdog for help and feedback

RELEVANT LINKS:

TOPIC 4 - Rust @ Mozilla Community Space Jakarta (ID) - @rara79 and Deryan Everestha Maured

• First Rust event at the Mozilla Community Space Jakarta, probably the first one in Jakarta, too
  • Was recorded and tried to upload asap. It will be in Indonesian, though :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Collaborating with Froyo Framework, coding academy in Jakarta
  • The event is about Introduction to Rust Programming Language
  • 19 attendees
  • Was live on Vidyo, but couldn’t record it because have no access (yet) :smiley:

QUESTIONS:

• When is your next community event? Would your be interested in takingover @Mozillagram on Instagram for the next event?
  • Sure, why not?

RELEVANT LINKS:

TOPIC 4 - Featured Future Events (Fran)

TOPIC 5 - Council updates

• We talked about the Participation Q3 OKRs (see mail to reps-general and Discourse).
  • Objective 2 is all about Reps and mostly what we will be focusing on.
  • The new coaches (formally known as mentors) had their second meeting to practice their skills. Soon they will get coaches to train!
  • Regional coaches has been announced through Discourse and reps-general