Updating addon

Hello, I’m trying to update my addon but every time I upload the file, it unchecks all of the supported platforms and doesn’t let me check any of them. Then when I hit continue, it tells me I have to select at first one platform. Anybody have any ideas what’s going on? It’s getting frustrating!

That usually means there’s something broken in the manifest file. It could be the application compatibility section. Please share the contents of your manifest file and we may be able to help you.

Thank you very much! I work for a company who makes assistive technology to help people with disabilities and obviously Facebook is a popular request for help so I’ve developed this simple addon to help. Here is my manifest

{

“manifest_version”: 2,
“name”: “Facebook Extended Shortcuts”,
“version”: “1.2”,

“description”: "This Add-on creates extra keyboard shortcuts to the Facebook website for easier use. ",

“applications”: {
“gecko”: {
“id”: "brad@bbradley.net",
“strict_min_version”: “40.0”
}
},

“content_scripts”: [
{
“matches”: ["://.facebook.com/*"],
“js”: [“main.js”]
}
]

}

There are a couple of things that stand out:

"strict_min_version": "40.0"

WebExtensions already have a strict minimum of 42, so that line is unnecessary.

"matches": ["://.facebook.com/*"],

Per the documentation, I think you should be using instead:

"matches": ["*://*.facebook.com/*"],

(While writing this post, I realized this may be Discourse swallowing the asterisks, but I’m keeping this note just in case.)

I don’t know if either of these are the cause behind the error, but it’s worth giving them a try.

I changed the strict_min_version to 42.0 and it worked. Thank you very much for the help!