Ublock does not work on this site (see topic)

Sofare, this site is the only one Ulbock can’t block ads, it has some very annoying ads:

Whatever I try, this site won’t allow me to read it’s contents without Ublock turned off. Not that this site is really important, but if other sites I visit uses the same measure to counter Ulblock or similar ad blockers?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Regards,
Martin

It doesn’t seem terribly obnoxious on IceCat’s default Privacy Badger/SpyBlock/HTTPS Everywhere stack. Most distracting thing on the page is an autoplay video in an <iframe> with id of #ox_2177523088_538410791, that links to a “resource” on mm1x-d.openx.net. That does appear as a greenlit item on Privacy Badger’s list of domains. Blacklisting it does get rid of the video. Openx.net does seem widely identified as a source of malware, at very least of the adware type. Hopefully it will be default blacklisted on Privacy Badger, and also Ublock.

Thanks for your reply. For some reason, however, I can browse the site mentioned, without those annoying ads/banners on the side. I guess one the filters was updated.

The site mentioned has somehow managed to counter Ublock: I can’t view this site unless I disable Ublock.

Brandon Sun Newspaper

Same complaint as above; cannot read site with uBlock on, inundated with advertising with it turned off. Have tried zapping them; doesn’t work as they come back on page refresh. Please fix??