Thunderbird & Themes

Quick note: I’m posting this in an attempt to help a French speaking person use a Theme they designed in Thunderbird.

A Theme designer replied to the email they received when a Theme they submitted was approved. I receive replies because I’m a reviewer. The email said: Merci de l’avoir accepté, mais je ne peux pas l’utiliser dans Thunderbird, car le lien s’ouvre dans Firefox donc je n’y ai pas accès dans Thunderbird.

After translating it, I got the impression they were accessing the design incorrectly in order to use it in Thunderbird. So I wrote back with step by step instructions and used Google to translate it into French. But there was clearly some confusion.

I explained that when in the Add-ons Manager in Thunderbird to click on the SEE ALL link next to Featured Themes. I did mention that if they were logged into their account they could access their design from a link in the top right of the Add-ons Manager but was told me they didn’t have that.

Anyway, they said that when they click on the SEE ALL link, it opens in Firefox instead of in a new tab in Thunderbird. They are using Thunderbird for Linux and I’ve never worked with Linux before, so I don’t know if that would make a difference.

So is there anyone here (particularly if you know French) who might be able to explain why this person is unable to use Themes in Thunderbird? I suggested that they post here themselves but they said that they don’t speak English and that translations are not good.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Pam

I suggest you point them to the French support site: https://support.mozilla.org/fr/

1 Like

Thank you, Jorge! I will do that. :slight_smile: