Thought I'd Ask

Recently our team’s extension was approved, it was a beta version. We had submitted it on March 9th and it took almost 10 weeks for it to be approved - it was approved 8 days ago. In that time we created the full stable release, which is now pending approval.

I looked in the versions section and unless I’m missing something users can’t even download a pending version. How are we expected to get bug fixes out if it takes 10 weeks for the extension to be approved?

1 Like

The review process is going through a number of changes that should make it possible to publish extensions without having to wait for review. We’re also working through the review backlog, which should mostly disappear in the next few weeks.

For now we can only ask you to be patient, and know that it won’t take this long in the future.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know.

We develop on Firefox and test in other browsers and Firefox is the go-to browser for most of our team. So it’s frustrating for us to have to sit and wait, not being able to deploy patches and updates for Firefox while our Chrome users get to experience all the bug fixes and new features.

Do you have an ETA of when this shift will be complete?

We expect to be done by the end of this month. The review queues should already look very differently than they did before, but there’s still much to do in the next few weeks.