There is a bulgarian dict addon which isn't update since 2010

There is a Bulgarian dict addon which isn’t update since 2010 and can’t installed it on newer version just because of version check. I’ve update package and it is work, tried to upload it to my account in AMO, but nothing happens after upload. What i have to do?

This one I guess? Not sure why it is marked compatible only up to Firefox 36, for dictionaries there really shouldn’t be any reason. Maybe the admins can change the compatibility info there @jorgev?

The dictionary wasn’t marked as compatible with Firefox 4 and above, so it’s still handled with strict compatibility rules. I could upgrade its compatibility info, but I need someone to test it first with a recent version of Firefox to make sure there aren’t any problems.

It’s a dictionary, I’m not sure what there is to test. I guess that it installs and indeed seems to do something useful on Bulgarian text?

isn’t it obvious that i’m the tester :slight_smile:

If it isn’t crashing or causing any other breakage, it should be fine. I’ll take @bozhan’s word for it and do the compat bump.

it isn’t crashing , where is it to test it?

where is it to test it?

Wladimir linked to it in his first comment: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/bulgarian-dictionary/. I updated its compatibility metadata last time I posted, so the compatibility warning should have disappeared in new versions of Firefox.

1 Like

i’ve test it and now i can install it and it works with 4.0. versions but my version is Firefox 43.0a2 and i still can’t use is :frowning:

Would someone update the package with current firefox version.