Testtesttest test

But it still removes my addons files.

The signing requirement never removes any add-ons, it only disables them. If you add-on is being removed, there is probably something else at work here.

Also, your link points at FF version 52. Your screenshot shows 53. The unbranded builds shouldn’t update themselfs. If they do, stuff goes wrong …

Why do you want to install unsigned addons? I sign other people’s addons all the time. It’s pretty easy. Make an addons.mozilla.org account and upload the addon here

Are you actually installing the addons or are you temporarily installing them?

You can debug legacy addons. You can also run unsigned addons in Firefox but I don’t know why you have this issue. Try creating a new profile.

Running and debugging unsigned addons should work only in Firefox DevEdition and Nightly but it should work!

First of all, please be nicer to the other people in this forum. They’re all members of the community who are helping you on their spare time. (Not me, I’m an employee.)

The preference to disable signing enforcement should work on the unbranded builds. However, I don’t know if it works in the way you seem to be testing. I think you mentioned dropping the files in a global location, instead of using the regular installation method from the Add-ons Manager.

The unbranded builds are intentionally branded as Nightly. The version number you see in the About window is what should matter.

Additionally, if all you want is to try out a version before listing, you can upload unlisted versions the are signed automatically. See this blog post for details.

1 Like