[Support] uMatrix

Currently impossible to block Javascript on accounts.google.com if one is using UMatrix.

If you resort to blocking Javascript from within the browser itself then simply having UMatrix enabled in the browser breaks that blocking. It does not matter whether UMatrix setting for scripts for accounts.google.com is red or green. The browser will still run the javacript.

The same thing occurs if one removes the javascript blocking from the browser and simply relies on setting in the UMatrix to determine whether javascript for accounts.google.com are allowed or not. The browser still runs the javascript.

If you attempt to login to gmail.com and have enabled blocking of javascript on accounts.google.com and it is working properly, then should see the older style account login for gmail, the one with the rectangular boxes rather than the undelined fields.

It does not. You still get the newer login screen

That is completely false. I explained to you on GitHub, what was happening: the noscript tags a re not rendered when blocking scripts with uMatrix, hence the meta redirection (which sits in a noscript tag) to the old login is not taken. You dismiss completely my explanation to come here to spread disinformation, that’s just the perfect attitude to discourage open source contributor from bothering to keep going.

1 Like

"You dismiss completely my explanation "

I did not dismiss your explanation. I did not understand your explanation on Github and is why I posted a followup reply to that thread. Shortly afterward you closed the Issues portion for the extension on Github.

I found it confusing since other script blocking extensions like ScriptSafe allows Chrome to blocking of the Javascript in the browser.

I also went back to Github to re read your last response but due to you locking out the Issues section for UMatrix I can not see any of the posts there.

Is it possible to get more up-to-date user agent strings built in by default? The old strings cause issues with Facebook (chat/messages seems to be broken for me when I’m using these), and Inbox (by Gmail) is not available on some of them, and you’re forced to move to Gmail because the browser is “too old”.

1 Like

When matrix filtering is disabled for a scope is it possible to have the icon turn grey?

Some sites I have to turn off matrix filtering for the entire scope just so I can accomplish whatever task, but later forget when I’m interacting with the site that there’s no protection. uBlock Origin for example turns grey when turned off for the particular site.

As of Firefox Nightly June 20, all 4chan threads will crash while umatrix 1.01b1 is enabled, even filtering is disabled for the 4chan.org scope.

Has occurred on a clean profile with nothing but uBlock and uMatrix installed

Edit: resolved as of 1.01b2! Thanks for the speedy fix!

From time to time I notice that the blocklists are not updating.
I then have to do it manually until they fail again.
What can I do regarding that?

Yes it is! I don’t even see the frames anymore. :slight_smile:

I cant find any place to report issues about uMatrix (for uBlock it is possible to create them at the github).
The problem is:

I have tried also 1.0.0 version - the same problem. Part of uMatrxi menu is hidden.
I have 56.0a1 (2017-07-22) (64-bit) Firefox.

I have almost the same issue. Do you have Nightly firefox?

Thank you for this very useful add-on

As pointed out by @frankie and @muhamadejevs the popup width is insufficient to display all content hence extremely limited usefulness.

I have tried to remove/install the official latest release of the add-on including the 1.01b2 without success.

It looks as if the top left corner (the origin) of the pop-up is miscalculated or just wrong stored value.

Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

BTW: it is unfortunate that the issue tracker from github is unavailable.

I think it should be elemental to keep rules and rules combinations list as short as possible. However globally opening something (pass) might lead to cases where passes are allowed there where it isn’t hoped / planned. But it is a fact in the matter that at least trying to favor global rules instead of fine grained and tuned site specific scopes will be less of a burden to system resources.

Save your settings either file or cloud. Uninstall uMatrix. Do browser cleanup maintenance just to be sure extensions save location(s) are cleared. Reinstall uMatrix. Recover your settings.

Could Easylist and Easyprivacy be added to uMatrix? uBlockO has some of the same lists (default) enabled than uM - as separate extensions there is no parsing of the lists between the extensions - therefor increases sys res. burden?

Which version of the Firefox do you have?

Oops did not say. FF rev54 (64bit) on Linux/Ubuntu
Now that you asked mybe previous versions worked better, Could not say for sure.
I will try to install uMatrix on a fresh FF
Did you figured out a solution yet?

Is it possible to block specific scripts and allow only some of them?

since some of the scripts from openload are starting a download for some random ass stuff whenever i click on pause/play.

its really annoying

1 Like

If possible - I’d like to see uM (or uBO) to develope even further. Possible new features could be:

- http/https enforcer

- Redirect management (strip, replace, add, etc of urls)

1 Like

I’ve updated to nightly 56.0a1 (2017-07-28) (64-bit)
This seems to have mostly broken uMatrix (along with other addons).

The panel shows information about requests from the current page, but only for a split second. It then jumps to what seems like the information from the previous page.
For example, if one opens a new tab and goes directly to a site, the menu will show requests, but then most will be hidden, showing mostly irrelevant requests.
The scope selector in the top left will say that the lowest scope is blank.about-scheme

If I try to go on a site like google.com, I am redirected to google.co.uk, in which case uMatrix will revert to showing the scope as google.com.
This was done with all other addons disabled.

1 Like

Looks like uMatrix’s frame script is no longer loaded into frame processes (aka WebContent processes). Same for legacy uBO, and who knows how many other legacy extensions out there.

uMatrix/webext seems to work, except that it’s afflicted by other WebExtensions-specific glitches which are yet to be fixed by Firefox devs.