[Support] uBlock Origin

It’s a problem with the site, it uses cookies to remember you are using a blocker, so it will still block whoever first visited with a blocker enabled even after disabling the blocker.

Solution:

1. Add this exception filter to your custom filter: @@||katholisches.info^$first-party,script
  2. Clear cookies for the site.
  3. Reopen the original URL in the tab.
  4. Optional but nice to contribute: Submit the issue+solution to EasyList maintainers: https://forums.lanik.us/viewforum.php?f=62.

Explanation: https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/issues/1170.

Hey Raymond.

Thoughts regarding this discourse platform: Great to see uBlock offering this community support tool. It could help prevent having too many help desk questions cluttering the GitHub issues section.

I don’t quite understand how to create a new topic for uBlock Origin. Is “reply” the only option to ask a question? If so, I am not sure if that is a good way to deal with questions. one topic per question would imo be better. But I could totally be missing some essential functionality here.

uBlock Origin question: Is there a keyboard shortcut to open the element-picker-mode? If yes, it would be great to display a tooltip when hoovering the mouse over the pipette icon. If no, please consider this a feature request to add a keyboard shortcut. Iirc, AdBlock Element hiding helper had shift + cmd + k (on OS X). Would be great to have some shortcut available since the current workflow is rather time consuming and ineffective.

que es reciclar y causas del cambio climatico

1 Like

I just found out that uBlock Origin blocked on Facebook news feeds and a rest sign in and profile, why blocked some on this?

Not suppose be block on news feeds on facebook, this is going wrong scripts…
I turned off uBlock Origin, facebook went to normal and shows up news feeds…
how ever who puts a wrong scripts with blocking on news feeds and menu on facebook.
Thanks

1st time I’ve used this “forum” - discourse.mozilla-community.org. Seems it’s one long thread?
To login here each time, you only enter an email & receive a one time code? Never set up a user name & PW? But at one place, the login screen asks for email & password. But I see no where to set a PW or change it?

Re: posting uBo bugs / issues on Github & acknowledgement they’ve been seen.
Posted an issue in early Dec. about uBo causing Tor Browser’s starting screen size to be different than TBB specifies (for anonymity purposes). I can’t tell if anyone read it, is thinking about it or if it will be dismissed.

Thanks.

Hi there, I need some help please.
I’m running Firefox+UblockOrigin in an environment test where the browsers are launched by some program each time as fresh installation. I cannot interact manually with the browsers/ublock_origin, and for this reason I don’t have the ability to set manually what additional filters to apply as I would do on my browser as a normal user. Is there a way to enable some filters to begin with as the default ones? Maybe there is a config file UblockOrigin reads from? I looked in the js files of the .xpi extension but I could not find a way.
Thank you

(I hope I’m doing this right :stuck_out_tongue: )

I used to have Adblock Plus, but I switched to uBlock after I saw a post saying that they steal most of uBlock’s code. uBlock is working fine for me right now, but I did like the “show non-intrusive advertising” option that ABP had. Is there such a thing for uBlock?

No such thing in uBlock Origin, you will have to go back to ABP if you want this.

You may want to consider the adminSettings entry. See https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Deploying-uBlock-Origin#customizing-the-settings.

I read it but I haven’t had the time to look at this. I remember last time I looked (it was reported at some point before), I could not reproduce it.

I went back to the post and indeed, it was talking about Adblock Pro - not
Plus. Thanks for stopping this misinformation.

OK - thanks. FYI if you want to try & reproduce it, I tried it in a
couple of Tor Browser versions (TBB) - still does it in current 6.0.8
(Windows - don’t know if it does in Linux, Mac).
Still happened when DISabled NoScript & HTTPS Everywhere - but left uBo
enabled, then restarted TBB - to rule out conflicts.
The only addons left were default Tor Launcher & TorButton. Have no plugins.

01/04/17 - D/L TBB-win 6.0.8 fresh copy - installed to new folder.
Left all settings @ default, except had to restart a 2nd time before it
allowed installing any addons. But then uBo 1.9.16 installed w/o a
hitch. Changed no uBo settings - just restarted TBB after uBo install.

Result: if uBo is ENABLED, TBB screen is taller than from the top of
monitor & the top of Windows task bar (a 4:3 widescreen monitor).
If uBo is DISABLED (& restart TBB), then TBB’s height is "normal."
UBo’s icon being on toolbar or not - while uBo is enabled - makes no
difference on my box.

Once, in a new TBB install, after clicking “New identity” from the green
onion icon on toolbar, & TBB screen size seemed normal, I took uBo’s
icon off the toolbar. On the 1st restart after that, screen size was
normal (not longer than monitor’s height), but on the 2nd restart the
problem returned.

Again, w/ uBo enabled & when TBB starts w/ browser UI taller than the
visible area of monitor, clicking “get new identity” under the green
onion icon (which is Tor Button), then TBB’s height returns to normal.
A “new identity” closes all browser tabs, deletes cookies & exceptions,
clears memory cache & any other data accumulated while browsing.

TBB devs use some sort of browser screen size “spoofing,” to manipulate
the browser screen size when it starts. Could uBo be detecting this or
interfering? I honestly don’t know what method they use (now) to spoof
screen sizes or control the NON MAXIMIZED startup screen size. They’ve
changed / tweaked how they do it - multiple times, to try & get it to
reliably report usable screen sizes in multiples of 100, but seem to
constantly run into problems. That’s a separate issue than uBo making
TBB taller than the monitor, but could be related??

Hi gorhill, I’m the creator of a site-specific addon that creates a popup window using “data:text/html” with a html5 video player. Issue is, easylist blocks the popup with this filter “|data:text$popup”. Is there a way to use dynamic filtering to allow this popup only for my addon?

Since the popup is generated by the addon and there would be no “domain”, I’m not sure if it is possible. But, the popup does have the same title everytime "VeeHD HTML5 Popout: " + the video title. Not sure if that helps…

Thank you for this fine blocker! I love it!

EDIT: I realize I can use @@|data:text$popup in “My filters” but that is too wide for my taste…
EDIT2: Ignore this post (except for the “Thank you” above).
I used the following and it allows only my popup. Solved.
@@|data:text/html;charset=UTF-8,%3Ctitle%3EVeeHD$popup

Good Morning, I’m new to Ublock Origin and this support site. I’m trying to unblock remote PC’s I access using Logmein. Everytime I need to access a remote PC, I have to copy it’s URL in logmein, whitelist it in uBlock, go back to logmein and refresh the page before it allows me to continue.

I think the problem is the way Logmein creates the link. It contains sections that have random strings.

Here is an example. Please let me know if there is a solution for this.

https://(EndUser-Pc-Name)-(Random-Alpha-String).app04-15.logmein.com/main.html

Thanks

Add app04-15.logmein.com to the Whitelist pane in the dashboard?

That worked. Thanks

Thanks

fast disappearing elements

There are elements that disappear super fast and it is very hard and sometimes impossible to block them.

Good example is alexa site, they made in the last days change so there is very annoying popup that appears every time.

for example: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/cnn.com

Can ublock team find a solution for this problem?

hi
this ads not be blocked
https://process.nextads.ir/index.php?params=eyJhY3Rpb24iOiJjbGljayIsImltcCI6InJ2cDU4ODVjNThlOTdhMThGU20iLCJleHRyYSI6IiIsInNvdXJjZSI6Im5ldyJ9&landing=Ly9hcGkuc2F0dHZhLmlyL3NlcnZpY2UvZ28ucGhwP3BhcmFtcz1WMnhWZUZSVk5WVmFlbEpQVmpBd2VGUXdaRlpPUlRsWVYyMTBUMVpXY0RCWk0yTTVVRkU5UFE9PSZ0YXJnZXRfbGluaz1hSFIwY0RvdkwyTnNhWEF0YzNSaGNpNXBjaTgvYlc5a2RXeGxQVXhoYm1ScGJtY21kWFJ0WDNOdmRYSmpaVDF6WVhSMGRtRW1kWFJ0WDJOaGJYQmhhV2R1UFdOc2FYQmZjM1JoY2w5a1pYTnJkRzl3Sm5WMGJWOXRaV1JwZFcwOVltRnVibVZ5TFdOd2JTWjFkRzFmWTI5dWRHVnVkRDB4Tmc9PQ==&bid=0
see it here :

Hello guys I am sorry to bore you but since today all the statutbar on facebook is empty.
When I disable UBlock on facebook the bar is filled again with its icons.
I don’t get why because I did nothing and I removed the “personal” rules.
With UB disabled : https://cl.ly/0q0c3i0z1h26
With UB : https://cl.ly/3w1e2r3I0m1j
What should I do ?

I’m experiencing a bug with uBlock Origin. Updating to 1.10.6 did not correct the bug. I’m using Firefox Developer Edition 52.0a2 x64 on Windows 7 x64.

If I click the uBlock toolbar button, the button shows a Button Down pressed state while the main uBlock panel is up. If I click outside of this panel, it closes, and the toolbar button resumes its Button Up unpressed state. This is correct behavior.

However, if I go into any part of uBlock that opens a new tab (e.g. Options, Logger, etc…), then the toolbar button does NOT resume its Button Up unpressed state. Even if I close the tabs that got opened, the toolbar stays in its Button Down state, and it is no longer functional for the life of that browser window.

The only way I can get into uBlock again is by opening another browser window.