[Support] uBlock Origin

How to block the right column of IMDb? I have already blocked all content of the right column, but the column is still there, and if I block it, the main column is blocked too.

Description

I’d like to configure uBlock programmatically, from my ~/.conkerorrc.js, e.g. add some custom filters, update them, etc. Everything that’s accesible through the µBlock object.

Question: how can I get a grip of the µBlock object?

E.g.:

• with NoScript, one can do:

var noscript_service = Cc["@maone.net/noscript-service;1"]
          .createInstance().wrappedJSObject;

and configure it through noscript_service.doWhateverYouWant(withSomething),

• with mozrepl, one can do:

var mozrepl_service = Cc['@hyperstruct.net/mozlab/mozrepl;1']
          .getService(Components.interfaces.nsIMozRepl);

• etc. …

uBlock defines Cc['@ublock0/content-policy;1'] and Cc['@ublock0/net-channel-event-sinks;1'], but I don’t know how to get to µBlock from them. :crying_cat_face:

Settings

• Browser/version: conkeror/1.0.3
  • uBlock Origin version: 1.7.4

How can I block / disable the “data:text/html;base64” links / redirects?

Is there a forum for uBlock Origin?

I’m trying to see if there’s a filter, or if one can be created, for Facebook, that removes/blocks the sections that appear labeled RELATED with a sort of carousel.

Thanks for reading.

This website has a 1-minute timer for users using an adblocker: http://www.thesimsresource.com/ The timer appears before downloading an item; if you disable your adblocker, the site gives you a 10-second timer instead. It used to be that uBlock Origin bypassed the 1-minute timer (the 10 second timer was always there), but it seems that the website has subverted ublock origin now. I hope you can help; this website is horrifically unusable when your adblocker is disabled.

http://www.linkneverdie.com/
I can not use ad block on this page, the problem is too high encryption and do not do anything about it, even if Ctrl + Shift + i and hidden element id 121C, failure

How to whitelist WordPress.com likes?
I d[on’t know how to do that, and then need to turn off uBlock on the blogs I read. But I don’t want to disable uBlock entirely, just enable the WorPress.com likes.

I was thinking to support some websites by white listing them, but I’m not just blocking adds but also tracking systems, social networks, et al. Moreover also if I white list them, I don’t want to see the ads. I think that at the moment is quite difficult for ublock to allow only ads but to block all the rest. For the second part I can always create a personal hiding rule, or is there a better solution? For example allow requests but also apply cosmetic rules? So that the ads are downloaded but at the same time hidden.

I have somehow blocked all the icons that go next to navigation buttons on a lot of pages, including this one. I get a little box with the letters F1 or FO and two digits instead. Hovering the mouse over the box does make the text appear. The code behind the icon appears to be (with the angle brackets removed) class=“topics hidden-xs” i class=“fa fa-comments-o fa-fw” aria-hidden=“true”

Can someone advise me where to look on the Dashboard to undo this?

Did you tell uBO to block remote fonts? See the No remote fonts per-site switch. Also, check the default rule for remote fonts in the Settings pane in the dashboard (it’s supposed to be un-checked by default).

Bingo, that’s it. Thank you.

Hi,

Could you include Steven Black’s hosts in the built-in 3rd-party filters tab? This is a good and convenient hosts file that saves us from subscribing to multiple different sources. Thank you!

Is there a way to add a reason to the blocks I make?

I block sites when I don’t like them, but if I access it later and don’t remember why I blocked, I would like to have an explanation of the cause of the blocking, so I can think better about closing the tab, or unblocking temporarily!

Go to the “My filters” tab in uBlock Origin options, and add a line beginning with ! and that will be a comment.

uBlock Origin (and similar extensions, like ABP and AdBlock) cannot block them because they don’t trigger network requests; however, I know that uBlock Origin is trying to figure out how to deal with the redirects that result, and it’s similar to the problem of blocking popups that replace the original tab.

Chrome 52.0.2743.82, uBO 1.7.6.

When opening the Developer Tools via Ctrl+Shift+I, the debugging console is sometimes automatically placed in uBO’s extension scope.

The dropdown menu has uBO’s extension selected instead of “top”, which should be selected.

While easy to correct, it’s annoying having to change scope, and it took me several minutes to work out why my debugging wasn’t working the first time it happened.

Report to Chromium devs. There is no code in uBO related to the dev console.

I know this. But this requires me to open the options to search and read
the comments everytime. I’d like to see the reason on the screen that
informs the block.

Your battery status is being used to track you online:

“Some companies may be analysing the possibility of monetising the access to battery levels,” he writes. “When battery is running low, people might be prone to some – otherwise different – decisions. In such circumstances, users will agree to pay more for a service.”

This can be turned off with dom.battery.enabled;false on Firefox.

Hello i need help with something. I checked all the website filters of all the country list UBlock Origin had…

So now, i always see no matter what i click a meesage saying: “UBlock Origin prevent the load of a Page” Ok but says the page is from Japan or any other country… and im in Argentina!..

It bothers me a lot to close the window and open another one… like 3 or 5 times happen-…