[Support] iGoogle

thanks.v2.1 works great!

@Userfx v2.2 Added Option to open the result Tab in Foreground

Is it possible to auto show the sidebar with IMGoogle drop target when a drag event from outside the browser occurs? It would save a lot of mouse work and give this sidebar thing an advantage of just opening google images and dragging there.

It is not possible to open the sidebar programmatically ie with code from within the addon.
It is possible to add a keyboard shortcut to open it but Firefox has already so many keyboard short cuts that it may conflict with other and using a 3 key combination is not ideal.

WebExtension does not allow access to local files (like the way it was before) and the only way was to create the sidebar.

If I find a better way, I will sure implement it.

I’d like to request a hotkey combination to bring up the sidebar. I don’t believe there is any way for the user to set one, so the extension developer must. For instance Firefox has ctrl+b and ctrl+h assigned to Bookmarks and History by default. Also if you don’t mind my nitpicking, “This” should actually be capitalized in the phrase “Search Google for This Image”.

Your add-on is shaping up to be one of the better options, now that many others don’t work with Firefox’s multi-process. Thanks, and keep up the good work.

It was not possible before FF54 (not on Android). It is now possible to assign a keyboard shortcut to open the sidebar.

However, it has to be hard-coded and users can not select their own combination.

The real problem is finding a good one. Keyboard shortcuts are already crowded and the way WebExtension works, duplicate ones can be disabled (e.g. another addon using the same shortcut).

Multiple key combination are not much easier than using mouse. I am open to suggestions.

That can be done … I wanted to emphasis: “Search Google for this Image” with capitalisation.

There is also the following:

Rules for Capitalization in Titles of Articles
“Short" words, those with less than five letters, are lowercase in titles, unless they are the first or last words.

Do you have a reference indicating that it would be better to capitalise ‘this’?

First of all, thanks for a simple yet effective extension that just works.

I have a request; the image search results currently always open in the default Firefox container. Could the extension be made compatible with Firefox’s multi-account containers, and open searches results in the same container that the search came from? Thanks!

Sure, that should be possible (but I haven’t looked into it yet).

I will include it in the next update.

Container support is added (Actually I will be adding it to all my add-ons)

If there are any other requests, let me know and I will include them in the next upgrade.

Wow, that was quick! Thanks very much :slight_smile:

HI @erosman, the addon has stopped working.
Google has changed their Image search and the usual querysting (https://www.google.com/searchbyimage?image_url=XXXX) no longer works.

I’ve been using your addon for a while, so thank you very much for your work.

@curl Thank you. I will see what is going on.

Please post all support queries to the https://github.com/erosman/support/issues

Sure, posted there:
TL;DR: This URL no longer works https://www.google.com/searchbyimage?image_url=SOME_IMAGE_URL

Lightning speed reply!!
Thanks again.