[Support] Flash Control

Here’s a video I made yesterday:

Thank you for the early contact.
The following is the Reply for inquiry.

1. Intel x64 version.
  2. nlto489c.default

a) CREATE TABLE fc_urls(url TEXT PRIMARY KEY)
b) {“bstate”:true,“bflash”:true,“bvideo”:true,“baudio”:true,“butube”:false,“bplugs”:false,“bdnode”:true}

Now, I noticed the presence of the video.
I looked at its contents.
I was again installed it, after uninstall “FlashControl”.
Although for some reason unknown, I was able to confirm that it is functioning properly.
Honestly, do not understand the cause of the issue, but it has been resolved.
Add-on, it seems it is not the cause.
Thank you for taking your time.

For people having troubles with Flash Control, please provide me as much information
as possible. Things like the following:

1. Check that these two files exist, and provide me with the download links to the two files if it is possible.
    a) flashctrl.sqlite
    b) jetpack\jid1-sNL73VCI4UB0Fw@jetpack\simple-storage\store.json
    These two files can be found in
    %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

2. Run Firefox in verbose mode.
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -no-remote -P default -console
    Copy everything you see in the command prompt here.

3. Make a couple of screenshots for me.
    (a) I need to see all the icons.
    (b) I need to see at least the Flash Control entry.

(a) I need to see all the icons.

(b) I need to see at least the Flash Control entry.

I’m just glad it’s working for you now. I’m also curious as to why it “doesn’t work”…

“Screen shot” is the “Preferences of Cyberfox” I’m currently using :

Just to clarify, it IS working for you now, right?

That post wasn’t meant for you, you can ignore it, you don’t have to answer it. It’s meant for other people who might be having problems with Flash Control, so that I can better assist them.

Problem is there is not such. It is operating normally.
Please disregard the previous reply.
By the way, it is better it was “delete”?

Oh, it’s fine. You can just leave it as it is.

I’ve been having issues recently where full-screening a YouTube video causes it to re-block, and exiting fullscreen puts the unblock button in strange places, like this:

Also, not a problem, but I thought this was pretty funny:

I wasn’t able to duplicate the problem, not sure if I had missed anything…

Test:

I found a way to replicate this pretty consistently.

1. Start video playing, for testing I used https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjtCS0EEoCY

2. Scroll down & expand some comment threads by clicking some “view all X replies” links

3. Scroll back up and full-screen the video

4. Video stops and re-blocks, and can’t immediately be unblocked because the button isn’t on the screen.

5. Exiting full-screen, you’ll be able to unblock the video button the button will be in random strange places.

Ok, should be fixed now in v2.1.4 (in the queue, awaiting full review). Thanks.

Awesome, thanks.

Next issue: I stumbled across a site where sound is not blocked at all:

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=hearthstone&no=1971193&page=5&exception_mode=recommend

Background music plays automatically. I verified I don’t have anything relevant whitelisted. I do see a blocked Flash icon near the upper-left, but clicking it doesn’t seem to change anything. Also, there appears to be an unblocked Flash object, which I assume is where the music is coming from. Looked at source and found this:

<embed src=“http://player.bgmstore.net/vwC6K” allowscriptaccess=“always” allowfullscreen=“true” width=“422” height=“180”>

Yes, you’re absolutely right, that’s where the music is coming from. But, if you look at the code, that isn’t a Flash object, it’s an unknown object, ie, it’s an object with no type. Firefox is either smart enough to have detected it as a Flash object internally (by reading the file header, the html mimetype, or other means), or simply just default unknown objects to Flash; Flash Control, on the other hand, can’t do that. Since Flash Control only promises to block Flash objects, it shouldn’t block unknown types, or “malformed” tags, right?

AOL Article link

I tried search for previous questions about AOL videos playing but found none. My-Bad if I didn’t search right.

Above link begins playing immediately.

I am using Comodo Icedragon 42.0.0.25 FWIW

It looks okay to me:
https://youtu.be/vj3yvC7Yyog

ps: For some unknown reason, I did not receive any notification for your reply.

I tried, but I couldn’t find any explanation about this: what are the “F1L” boxes in the Flash Control sidebar? I see that the screenshots at the addon site show that at some previous version those were in fact “F12L”…

I’ve found another site that auto-plays audio and video despite Flash Control being active:

Looked at source and found this:

<a id=“bgndVideo” href=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygr5AHufBN4” class=“movie {opacity:1, isBgndMovie:{width:‘window’,mute:false}, optimizeDisplay:true, showControls:false, ratio:‘4/3’, loop: true, quality:‘small’,addRaster:true, lightCrop:true}”></a>

Also saw this bit of Javascript that seems relevant:

$(document).bind(“YTPStart”, function(){ $("#loading").fadeOut(3000)});
$("#bgndVideo").mb_YTPlayer();

Any way for Flash Control to block this?

“F1L” is just the pager. F is the first page, L the last page, and 1 being page 1.