'Submit a New Add-on' page times out after upload

I made an xml search addon.

How I can reproduce the problem:

1. On the ‘2. Upload your add-on’ page I choose my addon file.
  2. ‘Your add-on was validated with no errors or warnings.’ appears.
  3. I press the Continue button.

The page then loads indefinitely and then stops, showing an empty page after a few minutes. One time it said ‘500 Internal Server Error’.

Browser: Firefox, latest at the time of writing (44.0).

If you can reproduce this problem consistently, please attach or link to the file so we can give it a try. You can also send a message to amo-admins AT mozilla DOT org if you prefer.

I can reproduce it consistently.

Here is a link to the file:

Thank you.

Just wanted to add that I’m consistently having the same problem as well when trying to upload an xml search addon…

I tested the file in the standalone validation page and got this error: OpenSearch: XML Parse Error. I looked at the file, and it’s HTML, not the expected OpenSearch format. So, while the server error is in fact a bug, the cause of the problem is that you’re not using the right format for the add-on.

Can you also link to the file you’re trying to upload?

Hi Jorge, thanks for the help! Here’s the xml addon that I’m trying to upload.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/oy2qr4

I tried uploading it just now and I didn’t see any problems. Can you please try again?

Yeah, for some reason, when I click the “continue” button after uploading and validating the add-on, the page just tries to keep loading and then just shows an empty page. This is a new account, so maybe it’s linked to that?..

I see. Okay, I filed a new issue to look into this.

I see the issue was closed. What is the outcome?
Thanks.

The fix will be in the production servers on the next push, which happens on Thursday.