[SOLVED] WebExtensions & Firefox Profiles

Hey guys,

I am a n00b and trying to create a WebExtesion that can persist data into Firefox Profiles, but unable to find.

Is this feature not available in WebExtensions?

1 Like

Do you mean, under WebExtensions we will not be able to store data into profiles?

storage.local stores data in a folder in your firefox profile. There are other methods too. Is that not what you wanted? If not, please explain in more detail what you want to do.

1 Like

Thanks a bunch for answering, yeah this exactly my question, the reason I am confused is because, there is no mention on storage.local page (that you shared) that data in storage.local is stored within current profile.

I suspect most if not all types of storage are held in your profile, though storage.local is the only one I’ve used. It’s for simple key:value pairs and is stored in the ‘browser-extension-data’ directory so you can see and edit it. See also storage.sync

Then there’s IndexedDB - which is also held in your profile: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/IndexedDB_API/Browser_storage_limits_and_eviction_criteria

1 Like

Thanks a bunch mate, this really answered the question. Its a relief that its there :slight_smile: