Signing and binary Firefox add-ons: what should I do?

Hi,

I have developed maybe 10/11 years ago a firefox extension with a binary part.
It is often 1 or 2 month to get the review for windows only.
With signing, I am stuck :confused:

Due to all the issues I got in the past (a lot of them), only the Windows version is available on
AMO. Other versions, Mac/Linux 32/64 are on my site.

** Issue 1 - unique UUID

I tried to upload my mac version as a new addon to sign it with AMO.
But it does not allow me due that the UUID is the same than my published Addon ?
Should I get a different UUID for them ?

** Issue 2 - addon dependency ?

Also, uploading for each platform will be a nightmare, I would prefer to have a kind of dependency manager where I have

1. a binary addon with just the binary part that did not changed since 5 years
  2. and a second addon, platform independent that I will be able to update a lot more often with the xul/javascript/
    etc and that will get a lot faster review.

When a user would download 2, he would also download (1) for his platform.

This would be simpler for me and the reviewers.

Thanks,

Marc

You can upload files for different platforms using the same listing. What you want to do is upload a new version of your existing add-on, with a different file for each platform.

You can have different listings for different parts of your add-on, and you can declare one add-on as a dependency of another one on AMO. [See for example this add-on][1]. However, the user won’t be forced to install the dependencies. You might want to reinforce that in code, so your dependent add-ons can figure out if there are dependencies missing and alert the user about it.
[1]: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/elemhidehelper/