Request returns null in jpm

I’m trying to convert my addon from cfx to jpm. The plugin as created with cfx works just fine. However, with jpm, addon loads, but calling the Request api no longer works. For some reason, the response object returned by the request is the following:
Object { url: “https://[therequest.url]”, text: “”, status: 0, statusText: “”, json: null, headers: Object, anonymous: false }

Does anyone have any idea why it would be doing this? Worked just fine in cfx, and the addon as created in cfx still functions just fine.

ETA: the headers object also does not contain any actual headers, as I’ve tried iterating through them to check. The response object’s json value should not be null.

Can you share your actual code

Turns out, my antivirus (Bitdefender) was blocking communications for some reason dealing with SSL certificates. It works now after I disabled the “Scan SSL” option in the antivirus settings. For anyone else that might have the same problem, a (in hindsight) obvious sign was that it also didn’t like the Mozilla SSL cert and caused the default browser page (“Firefox + Windows 10. Perfect together.”) to not load the images and styles properly.