Reduce the review time / AMO bugs

Hi,

I developed a new WebExtension and the review queue is very long. I uploaded my add-on yesterday, so it’s expected that I still have to wait a bit. But the progress is very slow (I am still on position 544) and with the review speed of the last 24 hours it will take more than a month. Is there anything I can do to accelerate the process? Except to become a reviewer myself, unfortunately I don’ t have the time. It’s already difficult for me to find the time to develop a few add-ons. :wink:

Another problem is that AMO is very buggy. That’s no news but a few bugs affect my new add-on.

1. The validator complains about the implementation of not supported APIs, but that’s wrong. I already reported that as bug (https://github.com/mozilla/web-ext/issues/909) in the new web-ext version but it’s not only web-ext, AMO complains, too. A fix seems already to be on the way. But please complain in the review about this (non-) issues. :wink:

2. My add-on only works for desktop systems (Windows, macOS and Linux), not for Android. But it was not possible to upload the add-on without selecting a category for Android, too. So I selected an arbitrary Android category. After the upload I was able to remove Android from the supported versions, But I am not able to remove the Android category.

Six days since my post and my add-on is now on position 531 in the queue, that means a progress of 0.46 add-ons per day and that I still have to wait 245 days to get my add-on reviewed… :frowning:

1 Like