Problem with addon not being signed at AMO

Hi
I created an unlisted addon that according to the docs is immediately signed after uploading it to AMO. It had no errors or warnings and I got the email that the addon was signed. After selecting the current version I tried to install the addon but Firefox told me it was unsigned and blocked the installation. Before v48 it was possible to set a flag to allow unsigned addons which is now not possible anymore as it seems.
What am I doing wrong?

Did you download the signed version from AMO? If so, can you give us the add-on ID so we can investigate the problem?

I met a similar issue when uploading an add-on to AMO too.
[STEP]
1, Click [Submit a New Add-on]

2, Check [Do not list my add-on on this site]

3, Click [Select a file…] to upload local xpi

4, All checkboxs below are disabled now

5, Click [Continue]

If I make the checkboxs enable by [Developer Tools] at the 4th step

Then I check [windows] and click [Continue],everything seems to be fine. And I got the email that the my add-on has been signed.

After selecting the current version I tried to install the addon but Firefox told me it was unsigned and blocked the installation too.

The ID of my add-on is FFJpToolbar3@mozilla.org.

I looked into your add-on. I’m not sure why the platform selection was broken, but it’s likely that your add-on wasn’t signed because you forced it through by enabling the checkboxes during submission.

Can you try uploading a new version (with a new version number), to see if you run into the same problem?

Yes , I have tried several times during the past one month.
I tried to modified uuid , and I tried to upload a new version . And it still not works.
This issue has been boring us for a long time , please give me some advices. Thanks.

The problem is the way you detailed the target application in your install.rdf file. Changing it to this works:

<em:targetApplication> <Description> <em:id>{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}</em:id> <em:minVersion>25.0</em:minVersion> <em:maxVersion>*</em:maxVersion> </Description> </em:targetApplication>

Thank you very much for your reply. According to your solution , I have already resolved this problem.

That worked! Thank you jorgev!

Hello,
I share the same problems:
First, I uploaded my addon, but the checkboxes were disabled after the upload, even if the upload result show no errors. When removing the disabled attribute, I could check and validate the form.
I received an email telling me the addon was signed.

I tried to install the addon, but Firefox told me that it was unverified.
Then, I used the Mozilla API to upload a signed version of my addon. Same thing: when I try to install it, I have the same error.

Is there any delay before the XPI is actually signed?

My addon ID is {479c180d-fe91-4657-abf2-e6c341cbe867} (it’s what I used to upload it using the signing API).

Thanks

Like I pointed out previously, this happens when the compatibility metadata in the add-on is incorrect. In your case, the <em:targetApplication> section has an incorrect <em:id>. You included what appears to be your add-on ID, when in reality it should be the Firefox ID ({ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}).

Forcing the add-on through by manipulating the checkboxes breaks the submission flow and causes the add-on not to be signed.

I think I have exactly the same issue…
My add-on is approved by AMO, but Firefox tell me that my add-on is not signed and it can not be installed.
Is someone can help me ? My add-on : https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/castorus/

It’s working fine for me. Can you consistently reproduce the problem?

Philipp, who has approved my addon, has resolved this problem.
I can’t reproduce : just, when i’ve sent the addon, there was no warning, but all checkbox for “platform” were disabled => i refreshed with f5 to check “all platform”.
The addon was approved, but “unsigned”. It seems that the add-on was approved without an application set, so it couldn’t be signed.