Openwapp (whatsapp client for fxos) moved under community umbrella

Hi,

We recently talked with openwapp devs about it and since they don’t have resources any more to handle all the fixes needed, we decided to move the code to Github to increase contributors.

If you are interested in improving this whatsapp client for Firefox OS, please report any issues or send patches to the new Github repository.

For non technical contributors

If you are not a developer you can help too! We are now porting old repo issues into the new one:

1. Go to the old repo issues list and pick one.
  2. Check if the issue is still happening.
  3. If it is, create in on the new repo issues with the steps to reproduce it.

You can also report new issues you find even if they are not on the old repo.

Thanks for helping Firefox OS ecosystem to have high quality top apps!

Hi, I am happy to use and test openwapp. I am now using connecta2 as my dailly messenger.

The first thing I notid is that there is no englisch description in the marketplace. To make it attractive to all users is this the first thing to do.

Greetings

Tim maks
Ps. I am writing this while I am waiting for the sms with the code, taking a lot of time…

Keep in mind Whatsapp just sends 1 sms per day, if you are already using other app maybe that’s the problem, you can’t have 2 whatsapp clients configured at the same time.

Feel free to report any issues you get.

I just tought about that, remove connectA2 and tried it again. now the sms was there in e few seconds:) Lets the testing begin…

With ConnectA2 i had problems with groupchats. someome i could talk to directy was not shown in the groepmessages. I saw a notification with his text but that was not show in the chatwindow :(. i noticed that in dirrerent groups that some people messages did not appaer in the chatwindow. I hope that that problem is not in this client :smile:

It’s official, the code is now under community umbrella on github. A Twitter account has been also opened to communicate any news.

First impression is good! the groupsmessages works as aspected :smile:

2 small things, i miss the recent used emicons tab and when i type a message and press the arrow the keyboard collapse but the message is not send, i need to tab the arrow again.

i used the version from the marketplace, is there a easy way to use the latest community version?

Open new issues on github :wink:

You can download the app from github and add it to your phone using the Firefox WebIDE, but changes will be published to the marketplace as soon as they are ready. There is no official version and community version, there is just one.

1 Like