Not able to upload/distribute add-on (Duplicate UUID found)

Hey,

I’ve got a problem with the upload of an add-on at the add-on developer hub. A few weeks ago I uploaded my add-on sucessfully, but there were a lot of warnings. Therefore I wanted to fix them before I publish the add-on. Nevertheless I wanted to find out who the rest of the process works and I clicked through every step. Unfortunately I made one click to much and started the review process. Luckily I found the right button to delete the add-on again, so nobody has to review it until I fixed the warnings.

Unfortunately, after I fixed a few warnings and tried to upload the add-on again, I got an error

Your add-on failed validation with 1 error: Duplicate UUID found

I think that is problem is a result of the review process I accidentially started and then deleted the add-on. Since I already distributed the add-on without the addon developer hub, I do not want to change the UUID.

Could you please tell me how to reach out to the people to delete the UUID from the review process?

Kind regards,
Kristoffer - SecUSo

Please send an email to amo-admins AT mozilla DOT org, or send me a direct message with the add-on ID.

Thank you very much for solving this problem.

I’m having the same problem, and Jorge, that’s NOT a solution. Sure for a temporary one time only thing. But given how long Mozilla has been doing this whole signing thing now, you really need to fix the entire user experience.

Sure. The root deletion problem was already fixed, but developers still need to contact us if they want to recover their add-on listings. The reason is that anyone could take the ID of a previously submitted and deleted add-on and essentially steal their userbase by submitting a new version. We need to verify the identity of the developer before we recover a deleted listing.

Same problem here! I already emailed amo-admins but still waiting for an answer.

Problem solved, thanks a lot.

what is the email id for request?

amo-admins AT mozilla DOT org

Hi, I have same problem:
Your add-on failed validation with 1 error.Duplicate add-on ID found.
ID: jid1-8URcdBC7tEYB5A@jetpack

If you haven’t, please send an email to us as noted above.

Same problem here.

May it be a solution, if the UUID points to the origin uploader? So the UUID can’t be abused by someone else and the origin uploader can re-upload the add-on without writing an email to the amo-admins.

Yeah, that exact scenario was recently fixed, so it shouldn’t be such a common problem now.

Hi @jorgev, thanks for the reply. I just tried to upload the XPI again and I still get the error “Duplicate add-on ID found.”

Okay, it’s possible that it was deleted before we fixed this bug. You can contact us at amo-admins AT mozilla DOT org with the details and we’ll help you.

Hi @jorgev thanks for your help. Now it works.