New Reps Regional Coaches - August 2016

Hello everyone,

I’m happy to announce that we have the new Reps Regional Coaches.

We have selected 1-2 coaches per region so they can work together in this important role. During the next weeks they will be doing an initial research on the different communities in their region and after an orientation call they will start meeting some of them.

We changed a bit the initial list of regions to accommodate cultural differences and avoid having groups with too many big communities, the updated list is:

• Region 1: USA, Canada
  • Region 2: Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Panama, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Brazil, Paraguay, Chile, Argentina, Cuba
  • Region 3: Ireland, UK, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, Sweden, Lithuania, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia, Czech Republic.
  • Region 4: Hungary, Albania, Kosovo, Serbia, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Greece, Romania, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Ukraine, Russia, Israel
  • Region 5: Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan, Turkey, Palestine, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Iran
  • Region 6: Cameroon, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Senegal, Ivory Coast, Ghana
  • Region 7: Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, Madagascar, Mauritius, Zimbabwe, Botswana
  • Region 8: China, Taiwan, Bangladesh, Japan
  • Region 9: India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Myanmar
  • Region 10: Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Australia, New Zealand

Selected coaches

Region 1

Region 2

Region 3

Region 4

Region 5

Region 6

Region 7

Region 8

Region 9

Region 10

As a reminder here you have the role description and commitments:

Role Description

• Develop a clear view of local communities status, problems, needs.
  • Help local communities surface any issues or concerns.
  • Provide guidance/coaching on Mozilla’s goals to local communities.
  • Run regular checkins with communities and volunteers in the region.
  • Coordinate with the rest of regional coaches on a common protocol, best practices.
  • Be a bridge between communities in the same region.
  • This role is not a power structure nor a decision maker, it just helps the communities in the region.

Logistic commitment

• At least 5h per week to devote to this task.
  • Have a max of 72h response time to communications.
  • Be able to meet (audio/video) with regional communities and others.
10 Likes

Hello people!
I’m in the process of re-apply to the Reps program and found great news!
cheers!
@nukeador You can add Uruguay to region 2 please? I’m a nowhere man :wink:
@mkohler I receive in the bug “Please give us your input in the Reps discourse category for ongoing
discussions” I’m new to discourse, I shall open another topic?

In any case , I just started :sunny: :slight_smile: and congratulations for the great work to all the team and let me know how I go Next

feels good write again in this collective :heart:
all the best for everybody

There are several discussions already present in https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/c/reps . If there is one that you have input for, write it in the current discussion. If you have input that doesn’t fit in an existing one, feel free to open a new thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Initial report on this group activity here:

https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/amplifying-our-support-to-communities-with-reps-regional-coaches/11254/

3 Likes