New release 43 - add on's disabled

The add on’s that are disabled on my new release are the YAHOO TOOLBAR and my KASPERSKY SECURITY SYSTEM …

Are you kidding me that MOZILLA doesn’t think these two applications aren’t SECURE ??? and you want them to SIGN their applications. What does that mean?

You want me (who knows absolutely nothing about software or hardware, and you want me TELL THEM TO SIGN THEIR SOFTWARE.

I’ve been using Firefox for almost 20 years now and with this situation, if not corrected soon I’ll be moving on to something where I don’t have to worry about re-installing the Yahoo Toolbar every time I log into my system …

Oh BTW … it’s only on my laptop … not my desktop. Maybe I just haven’t gotten the message there yet to upgrade … but I sure won’t be doing it …

The same thing is happening to me on my laptop. Has Mozilla commented?

There are several similar threads here such as https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/extensions-became-disabled-because-they-couldnot-be-verified/6018 which explains the background to addon signing and also mentions Kaspersky and the Yahoo tool bar.

I agree with you calcwby4u. What gives with this disabling the Yahoo Toolbar.!!! I very much depend on this Yahoo toolbar and might have to leave Firefox unless they enable the use of the Yahoo Toolbar. I have been on many forums in Mozilla/Firefox and Yahoo on this topic. Many people are very upset. Please Mozilla/Firefox please enable the Yahoo toolbar. I don’t have a clue what you mean about signing. I have used Yahoo Toolbar for years before I even came to Firefox and never had a problem. My AVG, and Malware-bytes would catch anything needing catching.

This page explains about addon signing:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/add-on-signing-in-firefox

Developers have known about the requirement to sign addons (and test them) since February 2015.

Incidentally, a malicious addons such as one that steals personal information can operate entirely within the browser; it might not trigger AV programs such as AVC or install anything that could be detected by MalwareBytes.

Thank you…it’s all fixed now and Yahoo Toolbar seems to work. Yay.

Is Mozilla on war with Adobe Acrobat? Why can the Add-on “Adobe Acrobat-Create PDF not be activated?” Why is it blocked actively by Mozilla? Could you please let the user decide if he wants this add-on, and not decide for him? Thank you!

What gives with this disabling the AVG Web TuneUp.!!! I very much depend on this Yahoo toolbar and might have to leave Firefox unless they enable the use of the AVG Web TuneUp Toolbar. I have been on many forums in Mozilla/Firefox and AVG on this topic. Many people are very upset. Please Mozilla/Firefox please enable the AVG Web TuneUp toolbar. I don’t have a clue what you mean about signing. I have used Yahoo Toolbar for years before I even came to Firefox and never had a problem. My AVG, and Malware-bytes would catch anything needing catching.

It’s up to AVG to keep their toolbar up to date and signed, and we’ve made the process as easy as possible for them to do. I suggest you try updating your toolbar and your AVG software to make sure that you’re not just using an old version. If that doesn’t work, try contacting AVG support about this.