Need help in merging accounts

(First of all, sorry if this is not the right forum; I’ve searched high and low and couldn’t find any suitable forum)

So I’ve been logged in Firefox since, like, forever using my email address.

Then I visited the AMO site. It said I wasn’t logged in. So I clicked on “Log in”, and it automatically ‘pulled’ my account details from my browser (including, username and email address). But after I clicked on “Sign in”, I became “Anonymous user 8da51d”, and I cannot merge my data with my username of “pepoluan”.

Is AMO’s user database separate from the accounts.firefox.com user database? Is there a way in merging the users between the two?

Thank you for any assistance in this matter.

The website changed its authentication system to Firefox Accounts recently. If you have an old account on AMO, then you need to create a new Firefox Account using the same email address you used for the old account, and that should give you access again. We can’t merge accounts, however.

Hello @jorgev !!

Sorry I just realized I once asked this and forgot completely about this as I move to a new job.

Anyways, the old account was probably created using an old, defunct domain that I once owned; the email address used would be "pandu@poluan.info" (I don’t have any compunctions posting this email publicly because it’s a defunct domain anyways).

If you could kindly delete that, or at least change the email address to match my current email address? So I can regain use of the “pepoluan” name.

Please send an email to amo-admins AT mozilla DOT org with the details.