Mozilla Firefox Webextensions Upload my first Extension

I have done everything good in my webextentions from chrome to mozilla firefox nightly and its playing 100% good in nightly. But when i try to upload it to mozilla firefox addons site it is asking me for one installation file rdf.

But i dont have any. Only the .xpi file. Does anyone know what to do for this???

Is it saying you don’t have an install.rdf? If so, maybe you forgot to pack it in the .xpi

no there is no .rdf installation file but in the WebExtensions there is no guide of “how to” make one installation file for extensions which are written in chrome.

Last I heard, AMO didn’t support WebExtensions yet, unless that’s changed in the last couple of weeks.

Even if WE are accepted, they are still highly in development, and so very few instructions can be reliably written. There might be a way to do it, but given the APIs are still being written, they haven’t had time to document it yet.

Here’s a bug on Bugzilla thanks to @bwinton for it: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1210037

It talks about bringing WE support to AMO.

1 Like