Microsoft .net framework addon weirdness

I need .Net Framework because of the software my company uses. When I search add-ons it seems to be erased from history:

If I search the web I find it, but alas:

The hell is going on?

The add-on isn’t listed on AMO anymore, and as far as I know it’s been discontinued. Most users had the add-on installed through Windows Update anyway. I suggest looking for the add-on on the MS site.

What makes you think it may have been discontinued? It was last updated on June 1, 2015. I believe this is the only official plugin for launching .NET ClickOnce applications, so I’m struggling to understand why it was removed and have not found any explanation yet.

The last version on AMO is from August 2011.

I’ve just noticed this too. How unusual. What’s the best way to get this resolved? Should we be asking Microsoft to get in touch with someone at Mozilla or can Mozilla contact the add-on owner and ask for a resolution?

This add-on was particularly useful for managing HP ProLiant servers via HP iLO. The Java applet wasn’t as good and Java brings its own set of problems.

Someone should be asking MS if they intend to keep the add-on up to date, and particularly if they have it available on their site.

Fortunately, the entire internet has not gone anti-microsoft. You can still get the plugin from here: Softpedia. If you are worried about security, just set it to not reveal all .NET versions to websites you visit and to prompt before running any applications. If you are really concerned with the plugin security, install it in a separate profile and only use that profile for the few sites you need it for.