Installing Self-Signed WebExtension

So while I’m waiting for the extension I made to go through the full review process, that is taking a long time, I decided to fork the extension and self-sign it.
I can install the self-signed extension from my local machine, but when I throw it up on my site and try install it, Firefox prevents it. Is there a way to have Firefox allow installing self-signed extensions from the web?

Yes. You need a specific content type. Github Pages has this content by default for xpi files. You can take a look at this web site since it has a few Unlisted extensions (that’s what they are called… not self signed).

Please don’t give up on the AMO review. Users tend to trust the AMO addons more than the unlisted ones since they need to respect a few more rules to pass the review and this makes listed addons safer than unlisted.

Oh yeah, I’m going to still have it fully reviewed. It’s just that my users are getting restless waiting, so I need to give them something now while the review is pending.

Thanks for letting me know about the content type though.

You can make a github page (it takes 3 minutes), upload your unlisted addon there and link it from your web site.