Indexed database giving QuotaExceededError from Web Extension

We are from microsoft and trying to port an existing paid chrome extension(https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/exploratory-testing-previ/gnldpbnocfnlkkicnaplmkaphfdnlplb) on to firefox. This is a fairly used extension and quite an important extension for us.

I am using windows 10 client machine with lot of free space in C: drive(around 75 gb). I am using firefox nightly (51.0a1) for developing a web extension. I am continously getting QuotaExceededError-- The current transaction exceeded its quota limitations. while putting data in indexdb from web extension. I am using dexie (http://dexie.org/) as an interface for accessing indexed database. The same error happens even when raw indexed database apis are used.

I have checked the size of the storage folder under profile (C:\Users\nipunja\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wicghe7e.default\storage). Its only 350 KB. We are not sure why firefox web extension continues to throw QuotaExceededError even when plenty of free space is available. Early help would be highly appreciated. Same code works perfectly in chrome extension

I suggest you file a bug report here, ideally with a minimal testcase add-on.

Thanks . I had one more unrelated question on the addon review process part. As i read from documentation, the add on review for Full Review nominations can take up significant un-derterministic time and as soon as the listed add-on gets the code reviewer approval, addon becomes visible publicly. Our team would like to control the release date on which our new addon becomes publicly available. From the documentation, i did find any settings which allows me to achieve it.

Ideally I want my addon to remain in hidden mode after the code review approval and whenever our team is ready, we just make the addon publicly available. Is that possible ?

The closest thing you can do for this is disable your listing as soon as it’s approved, and then re-enable it when you want to.