[Important] Changes to the Reps Program management and Council

This is an important message announcing changes to the program. Posting this here too after putting it on Reps-General

TL;DR

• Program Manager changes: Ruben is stepping up as Reps Program Manager, Rosana is transitioning to a new role in the Open Innovation team

• Brian King to serve as the new appointed Council member

• Council elections for 3 seats in August. Reps, that were part of the Participation Leaders Cohort, can nominate themselves for 1 extra Council seat with a time limitation of 6 months

• Special Reps Call on August 25th to look at the past, present and future of the Reps program

My Dear Reps,

The Reps program was founded in 2011 by William and Pierros together with the help of the original Council with one goal in mind: “inspire, recruit and help volunteer Mozillians to become “official” Mozilla representatives in their region/locale”.

During the last 5 years many changes have occurred, we have matured as a program and reshape our vision beyond the initial goal to become a central program inside Mozilla to support both core volunteers, communities and functional areas bringing value to all.

We are in the middle of another evolution that we have called RepsNext, probably one of the most important ones to adapt the program to the current organization reality.

Today we want to announce some changes that are happening in the coming weeks:

Program manager changes

I have served as Reps Program Manager during the last two years. I have stewarded big changes in the program during the transition periods of Mozilla and I feel that we are in a great spot with RepsNext right now. The time has come for me to explore new adventures in the collaborative innovation inside Participation team, and that’s the reason I’m leaving as program manager and appointed Council member starting in August 25th. I have nothing but admiration and gratitude to all of you. I will follow up with a blog post with all the things I learned from you!

Ruben’s role as Reps Community Manager has been also evolving during the last two years and he has demonstrated great leadership moving the program forward. That’s why he is stepping up as new Reps Program Manager, where he will bring all his experience as community manager, long time Mozillian and also member of the original founding Council. I am very happy to leave the program in his hands and I’m sure more greatness is to come.

New appointed Council Member

To cover the second appointed Council vacant we have invited Brian to step in. Brian has a long history in the Reps program, being part of the original funding Council, Program Manager, Module Owner and more recently an excellent module peer. He will bring a lot of energy, experience and wisdom to the Council.

Council Elections

The term of our fantastic Council members Michael, Christos and Shahid is coming to an end. We will start the process of electing the next Council members in August. Ioana, the Module Owner, will provide the exact timeline for this.

Important changes for this election will be that since Arturo has been forced to leave the Council due to personal reasons, we have an additional seat in the Council. The Module Owner, Peers and Participation team agreed on an experiment for filling Arturo’s seat in the next 6 months. We will open one Council seat for any Rep that has been part of the Participation Leaders Cohort, even if they are not a mentor. This is an experiment and it will be evaluated at the end of this Council Member’s period. The Module Owner and peers will follow up with all the details.

Special Reps call

To better explain all the changes that are happening at Reps, we want to invite everyone to a special call that will take place on Thursday August 25th (16:00UTC), where we want to recap the lessons from last year, best memories with a lot of people that has been and still is involved in the program (William, Pierros, Rosana, Brian, Ruben, Konstantina…), ideas for the future, and leave on a celebratory note.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your involvement in the program, there is a bright future ahead for Mozilla and the Reps program is going to be central in shaping this future.

Go Reps, go Mozilla!

One big hug,

Rosana

Mozilla Reps Program Manager and Council Member

7 Likes