I am coming to the Leadership Summit!

Hi my name is Srushtika, I live in Bangalore, India, and here’s a photo:

1) Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is the orientation I conducted for the students of my college, giving them an introduction to our club at the campus and informing them various opportunities of Contribution at the open source giant, Mozilla. Everyone who attended looked pretty excited and wish to volunteer with Mozilla. As part of the orientation, I also conducted a “Complement Yourself” and “Imposter Syndrome” activity.

2) Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about meeting like-minded and experienced people. This would help learn new things/skills myself and then teach the same to my community back home.

3) The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be networking and contributions to the codebase.

4 Likes

Hi my name is Vaibhav Bajaj and I live in Madhya Pradesh, India here’s a photo:
http://www.makemytrip.com/travel-guide/media/dg_image/madhya_pradesh/thumb/Great-Stupa_19_203_madhya_pradesh_938_410.jpg

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is that when i organized a workshop of Firefox OS App developement with Kumar Rishav at Guna, MP
  2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about the event which will held on the occasion of International Women’s day in the month of March.
  3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be to engage new contributors in there area of interest and to determine there skills
2 Likes

Hi my name is Deryan, I live in Jakarta, Indonesia for work and also live in Situbondo, Indonesia as my hometown, and here’s a photo of my hometown :

1) Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is became the pilot content for Webmaker Launch of Indonesia that i have role to create, curating the great webmaker content and also make some tutorials for school visit and organize to achieve the 1000 targets in 60 days of launch.

2) Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about make a class for study intensively that are open to the public(include mozillians) to teach open web.

3) The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be teaching, mentoring and building an open web

1 Like

Hi! My name is Flaki (which is just the shorter & more digestable version of István Szmozsánszky :wink:).
I live in Budapest, Hungary with these lovely, fluffy folks:

Looking back to 2015 I’ve spent a good bunch of the year spreading Mozilla’s open web vision at conferences & meetups, while trying get the local Hungarian community in order, and helping the online communities with technical (and less-technical) problems. :smile:

In anticipation of 2016, I’m really looking forward to transforming the TechSpeakers program to benefit even more, and helping further to improve Mozilla’s European presence among the sprawling variety of tech communities.

I’m looking forward to learning more of the Global Campus Campaign and new directions taken for the FirefoxOS/connected devices transition to be able to align our local Hungarian Education efforts for 2016.

2 Likes

Hello my name is Chris, although most people know me as Spike. I live in Weybridge in Surrey, which south of London in England, here’s a photo of one of the nicer parts

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is my involvement in the London MozFest (for the fifth year) - organising the local volunteers is a special job.
  2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about meeting and learning from other Mozillians.
  3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be learning how to delegate more effectively and remember people’s names better :).
1 Like

Hello, I am known as Jobava and this is a picture of Iași, Romania:

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla at being able to engage easily and personally with Mozillians, regardless of their rank. Everyone has been approachable and friendly!
  2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about growing personally and this community and the Romanian component of it.
  3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be giving talks and organizing events.

I want to promote Mozilla’s mission of the open web and to engage people on some of the critical issues at hand, including those of privacy and the public awareness of it.

1 Like

Hello Folks, My Name is Faisal Aziz and I live in Madhya Pradesh,India. and here’s a photo of my hometown Bhopal

1) Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is MozConnect 2015,MozConnect is our annual event to collaborate in central India region with the clear ambition to unite our efforts to build a better community, We have created our very own community SOP and roadmap for 2015-16 and we are now a community with exponentially increasing contributors in almost all functional areas more than 50+ core contributors.
2) Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about learning best practices of community building and implementing the same for my regional community, We do have a great team of two mentors, and 4 Reps in regional striving hard to achieve our goals and I’ll mentoring them to keep the things in right direction.
3) The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be community building and best practices.

1 Like

Hi my name is Alifiyah Ganijee, I live in Mombasa, Kenya & here’s a photo!

1) Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is the Moztour Mombasa 2015 event that we conducted. The tour helped in imparting web literacy skills to over 2,500 individuals over a period of 2-3 weeks. The targeted individuals included high school & university students across Mombasa. This helped us learn that there’s indeed a greater need for such events especially for high schools.

2) Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about engaging with fellow Mozillians, learning new ways of doing stuff and implying the same within the local community to create further impact and growth as well as improve personal leadership skills.

3) The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be mentoring, time management, financial acumen & strategic planning.

1 Like

Hi my name is Stephen and I live in Ireland. here’s a photo I took of Dublin

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is the MozCelt meetup earlier in the year. It was a combined event between Reps and l10n and took place in Bangor, Wales where all Celtic language localisers got the rare chance to meet up, learn from each other and bring new translators onboard.

2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about the community growth of MozIreland with fellow Reps and new members where our focus will be on bringing developers and translators on board to learn and grow within the Mozilla project.

3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit are time management, planning and mentorship.

2 Likes

Hi my name is Giannis and I currently live in Samos island, Greece; here’s a photo of Kokkari beach:

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is speaking at TuxCon 2015 in Plovdiv, Bulgaria about Firefox OS.
  2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about meeting with leading Mozillians and exchanging experiences and best practices.
  3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be related to leadership, public speaking and team/community collaboration.
1 Like

Hi, I’m Michael and I’m living in Bern, Switzerland. On sunny days you can see the mountains from here:

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is the Reps proposal on how to move the program forward, the two months as Council chair in which I learned a lot about motivating people to move forward and the Mozilla Day Switzerland which was organized by two other community members with my guidance.

2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about exchanging best practices with other Mozillians and using this gained knowledge (Community Building, Community Development and also personal skills) to increase the impact of Mozilla Switzerland.

3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be improvement of leadership skills, learning more about frameworks regarding leadership, increase my ability to express ideas on the go (compared to listening to a discussion and then come up with ideas after the discussion), good alignment with Mozilla’s top organizational goals for 2016 and smalltalk skills (I’m being serious here, having 130 Mozillians around me could be a great opportunity to get better at this).

And I’m feeling free to answer a fourth question (you can as well if you want to!):

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am not as proud of in my Participation to Mozilla is focusing on the mozilla.de community while leaving my local mozilla.ch community in a position where everything worked, but there could have been more impact if I would have helped out more there. Further my contributions to Firefox (coding) decreased a lot in the past year due to time constraints. Therefore I want to focus on the mozilla.ch community and Firefox code contributions in 2016 while giving back tools and resources every community can use to other Mozillians along the way. (Of course I will not decrease my engagement in the Reps program as long as I’m in Council, and probably not at all even after that)
1 Like

Hi my name is David Gonzalez Blanchard and I live in Nicaragua, here’s a photo of my Country !

1) Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is Teach about web development and evangelize about mozilla vision in many colleges and universities in Nicaragua. I also participated in the Centroamerican Meetup of Free Software (ECSL 2016) in Honduras, when some Mozillians and other members of different communities and countries joined to share ideas and efforts in the region.

2) Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about growing personally as a leader and take part of the future plans of mozilla. I want to learn more about leadership in Mozilla and i want to share ideas with other Mozillians around the world. Finally i want to implement this experience with the community in Nicaragua and the Central America region to help them to grown as a team.

3) The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be teaching, community building and helping to create an open web.

1 Like

Hi my name is Michael and I live in Nairobi, Kenya, here’s a photo!

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is getting to meet new contributors and also on-boarding new contributors for my locale in SUMO. It was also great to meeting some of the local community members for the first time with the Launch of Orange Klif phones in Nairobi.

2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about growing participation in SUMO in terms of getting new locale contributors and continue working with new contributors there and on guides. Building the local community is part of my goals too. I am also excited about the learning opportunity as an individual. Just picking a new job in January and this will come in real handy.

3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be mentorship, time management, prioritization and leadership.

1 Like

Hi my name is Gaurab Patra and I live in Kolkata, here’s a photo!

1) Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is the story of growth never looked back. There is a saying : “You can take one person out of Kolkata but can not take Kolkata out of that person” - that hold true for the Mozilla community here also. The community saw ups and downs in activity of contributors but still holds its head high and produced itself as more vibrant community.
2) Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about growth of the community in rural and less accessible areas and recruiting new contributors from corporates and startups increase in involvement of experienced contributors and mentorship.
3) The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be to collaborate with other mozillians in the community, outside community and with other communities, region specific growth opportunity, net neutrality and community operations.

1 Like

Hi my name is Marcela Oniga (I am known as pensacolla) and I live in Bucharest, Romania. Here’s a nice photo taken at Palace of the Parliament!

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is Mozilla Balkans Community Meet-up in Bucharest where I got the chance to meet with some awesome Mozillians and share our knowledge.
  2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about growing our community and impactful Mozillians.
  3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be related to leadership and mentoring.
2 Likes

Hi all, my name is Salman Rahman Desh and I live in Dhaka, Bangladesh, here’s a photo of my homeland!

1. Looking back at 2015. the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is being a facilitator of Webmaker and organizing events like FoxYeah Campaign, Contributor Mentoring day, Engaging new FSAs. Also very much proud to handed over the Club Lead responsibility to another FSA whom I engaged to Mozilla a year ago.
  2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about a lot things! I excited about do series of events, excited about to meet many more new FSAs, excited about to teach the web! I’m very much excited about make and see my local community growing day by day. I’m excited about how we all will boom 2016 together!! :smiley:
  3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be
  • Community Engagement
  • Mentoring
  • Be a Leader

This is something I would love to say in my own(native) language আমি সালমান রহমান দেশ এবং আমি একজন মজিলিয়ান!

2 Likes

Hi my name is Pushpita Dey and I live in Gurgaon(Delhi NCR) ,India. here’s a photo!

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is my active involvement with Delhi Mozilla Community and gradually becoming a part of their Documentation team.
    2)Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about meeting various Mozillians, specially Womoz leaders from various parts of the world.
  2. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be public speaking ( mainly for delivering talks on Womoz), community building and leadership skills.
1 Like

My name is NDEDI NGUEDASSONG ESTELLE and i live in Yaoundé

1- I am most proud of in my participation and organisation of at Mozilla is MOZILLA FESTIVAL CAMEROON And organisation of MozCafeYde in cameroon
2- As part of this participation leaders Cohort , I am excited about Elements report I receive my community to better manage the instructions and tips that will help me in 2016.
3- The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be to establish a set of specifications and supporting action plan to manage my community and extend throughout the 10 regions of Cameroon

1 Like

Sounds fun!

Hi, I’m Daniel and I live in Maracaibo, Venezuela. Here’s a photo of me in one of my favorite places in Venezuela:

Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my participation at Mozilla is co-leading the l10n area, with the ups and downs that came with it. There’s definitely things to improve but I’ve been learning a lot!

Looking forward to 2016, as a part of this participations leaders cohort, I am excited about meeting people from all over the world and learning new things that help me grow from being a simple user to a better leader.

The skills I most hope to build as part of the leadership summit would be organizing and inspiring a group of people to do more, and better, and improving my public speaking would be also great.

1 Like

Hi my name is Ivan Josue Zeledon Suarez and I live in Nicaragua, here’s a photo of my Country
}

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is Teach about evangelize mozilla vision in many universities in Nicaragua, and then we helped in the first developers meeting in the CONICYT withe the president of Nicaragua. I also participated in the Centroamerican Meetup of Free Software (ECSL 2016) in Honduras, when some Mozillians and other members of different communities and countries joined to share ideas and efforts in the region.

2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about
    I’m excited to improve my skills as one of the leaders of the Mozilla community Nicaragua as well as share ideas and experiences with members of the community and to help more projects that always promotes mozilla

3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be teaching, community building