How to install the signed extension using registry

Hi ,

My extension is passed the complete review.
I drag the xpi file into broswer , and it installs successfully without warning sign in version41.0a2
But, we need to install this extension using windows registry.
How should i do??

Thank you

There is no difference from https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Adding_Extensions_using_the_Windows_Registry just that it needs to be signed by Mozilla instead of self-signed now.

My extension has been reviewed and is now signed.
I unpacked the .xpi files.There is one folder (META-INF) adding.
I installed the extension using windows registry.
The setting is like below:
(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Firefox\extensions “{GUID}”="[the location of unpacked xpi]" )
But, it is still got warning sign on firefox developer edition(version41.0a2).
Is there anything i missed?

If the only thing on that path is the unpacked XPI, then the signature should still work. It’s possible that some file is being changed on installation? Have you checked the console for any errors?

Odd question, could the unpacking be somehow messing with the signature? (Changing the mode somehow for example?) Or even worse, could unpacking just into itself be invalidating, maybe it’s expecting an xpi and isn’t getting one.

Thank you for the really great help.
I found the root cause.
"We would put one file into that path."
When I delete the extra file, the warning sign is disappear.
Anyway, thanks again.

Hi network,
I also have the same issue with you.
My xpi was signed by AMO, It contains install.rdf, bootstrap.js files and META-INF folder,
I unpacked it into a folder, and set registry as the guideline, but I still got warning sign?

What did you mean “We would put one file into that path.”?

They mean that they were accidentally adding a file in the installation folder, effectively breaking the signature. It’s possible that this is also happening to you.

I seem to have the same problem. Dropping the AMO signed XPI on Firefox works, but when installing via Windows registry Firefox says that the extension is disabled. There are no extra files in the extension folder.

Thanks all,
I solved the issue. In install.rdf file, add <em:unpack>true</em:unpack> to Description tag :grin:
It worked for me