How to improve "built in" dictionary in FF?

I’m a medical professional and I’m adding many new words to my FF polish dictionary. How to add them to standard, built-in FF polish dictionary? How to participate?

1 Like

This is very cool of you! I think to improve the dictionary you would make a language addon like this:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Creating_a_spell_check_dictionary_add-on

I don’t have much experience with it though so I’m not sure. Hopefully someone else will chime in. :slight_smile:

Not this way. I can move my added words between my computers. I want to improve built-in dictionary in the way everybody could use my work.

As far as I know, the dictionaries are not maintained by Mozilla itself. They are a special kind of add-on.

You should contact the creators of the add-on you want to contribute to. For the polish dictionary these would be marcoos and Leszek Życzkowski. If you google the former you will find contact information.

3 Likes

Thanks Nilkas for that note, I know Leszek! I got permission from Leszek and shared his email with maky.

Maky, please see your PM, I sent you his email. :slight_smile:

3 Likes